Samsung Tv problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4049 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wonder if anyone can advise please.

I bought a 55" D7000 Series 7 SMART 3D TV in March 2012.

Around August it developed a problem with two black lines at the top and bottom of screen,

I contacted Samsung and they put me in touch with repair company who came here assessed problem then returned and replaced the screen.

All seemed okay.

Tv is only used occasionally so when my Husband was sat watching it at xmas he noticed that there was a further problem with different lines around the screen

and large white patches showing through the picture.

He got closer to inspect and noticed that the bottom of the screen is bent. We put a straight edge on it and confirmed that indeed the bottom part of tv is completely bent.

I again contacted Samsung who put me in touch again with same repairer who called here and took tv away to repair.

Friday evening the owner of repair company called here to drop tv off for us helped us attach it to bracket

to find it was just coming on intermittently and upon inspection we found again it was bent at the bottom again.

He has just come again to take it away tried it again and although it came on this time I am still concerned that I have spent money on something that I keep having to have repaired.

what I would like to know is if anyone has large Samsung could they possibly look and see if theirs are bent at the bottom as repair man said this may be the case with big tvs ??

And also whether anyone has had any success in getting their tvs replaced by Samsung. Thanks for reading sorry it was long.

it should be replaced .

did you by this from SS or a retailer?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

well soga still applies

however, if samsung have done it so far

p'haps time to sugggest it is obv after several repair attempts

unfit for purpose under soga and should it not be replaced?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hmm. its seems odd it was only bent after the initial repair. Does the bent bit look like it could be part of the design all the way along or is it just in one bit? You could go into Currys or John Lewis and check one similar to your model, but if the TV is nearly a year old they may no longer have it on display. Though they may have ones with similar chassis.

Do any of these look like yours?

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/samsung-large-screen-tvs-32-and-over/301_3002_30002_43_BA00004464-BV00298763/xx-criteria.html

thats great

hats off to samsung

let us know when it comes

and we'll mark the thread resolved.

dx

and they

• 2 months later...

Well done on keeping the pressure on to get this sorted, and Samsung get some good credits for itself. If you do have problems with hardware never just accept it as one of those things, we all have rights :)