Is the media usually OTT?

jadeybags
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4081 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is this a wind up do you think? Not a lot of it makes sense to me, like being able to work 15 hours & lose no money? It is the Daiy fail of course...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2265341/Theres-chance-leaving-British-benefits-daughter-good-life-Migrant-enjoys-lavish-lifestyle-raking-1-000-month-benefits.html

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is precisely what this government is on about and trying to put an end to. They are cursed and run down by the opposition at every opportunity but only as a political point.

Any future government will not reverse any of the steps taken today which they keep gobbing off about as being wrong.

It's definitely not a wind up but they do embellish and romanticise the way they do articles. The figure is inclusive of housing benefit etc so that isn't cash in hand. As for the designer cloths, she wont get much with that, that would just buy a handbag.

Honestly, Daily Fail or no, that sounds like utter bosh to me.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

The Daily Wail is anti everyone who does not work till they drop. It is also anti working class, anti lower-middle class, politically incorrect and politically biased.

It is not to be believed when it comes to unemployment, the sick, the disadvantaged, or generally people who are 'unable, uncapable and unwilling' to look after themselves.

What it 'forgets' in statistics is amazing, coining a variation on the time honoured phrase 'there are lies, damn lies and statistics, and now Daily Mail 'statistics').

Don't even get me on the poor grammar and syntax in the articles!

Remember, if you take out council tax benefit (which is not cash in hand, nor is housing benefit in most cases - mine goes direct to my landlord so I don't get that £650 a month to spend) then the average unemployment payout for single people (I am a woman aged 55 who has worked solidly since age 16/17 and only recently had unemployment) is £71 a week. That has to pay bills, travel, food (it isn't possible to feed a person properly on less than £10 a week).

Not exactly the 'life of Riley' the DM likes to tout.

Daily mail

Daily sport

whats the difference

they just cast the fishing line and you all bite, but you as sheep fail to do anything about it, or find out the real truth

divide and conquer seems to be working with all this spin

Not to mention they won't be content until they've seen the last of the NHS, or their occasional misogyny and creepy comments about young girls.

I'll never forget the time they did a 7 page spread on the evil that is wheelie bins. Priorities, people...priorities.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

I guess this was the first time you read the Daily Mail.

I can't say I have ever actually bought it tbh lol

Someone I know posted this link. He's never moved out of his mums, aged early 30's, doesn't drive, works at a university & never had children, he has zero tollerence for anyone claiming benefits.

Always having discussions with him, because he seems to think Cameron is doing a good job, & hates when I say anything against him lol

I can't say I have ever actually bought it tbh lol

Someone I know posted this link. He's never moved out of his mums, aged early 30's, doesn't drive, works at a university & never had children, he has zero tollerence for anyone claiming benefits.

Always having discussions with him, because he seems to think Cameron is doing a good job, & hates when I say anything against him lol

Well, it's all well and good to hate people claiming benefits when you've never actually made an attempt at living independently. I say this advisedly because I realise that my own daughter will probably still be at home a lot later in life than I was, but I will be truly sorry (for her) if she's still living with us in her 30's.

Conversely, you will have employers who effectively replace Salaried Employees with Unpaid Labour - through Mandatory Work Activity and Unpaid Work Placements for the unemployed, thereby saving themselves something of the order of £20K-£30K per annum per candidate (no Salary, Tax, National Insurance) for each job. However, the State not only has to continue to support the individual who may be unemployed (at the cost of £15K per annum per candidate) but an unemployed candidate who could do the job if it were not occupied by the Slave Worker.

Total Loss to the State is of the order of £50K-£60K per annum per candidate.

Of course, there is also the trifling matter of part time staff being unable to negotiate additional hours because those hours are assigned to Slave Labour, and both part time and full time staff claiming a taxpayer subsidy for low pay through Working Tax Credit.

TBh if I were an employer and I could get the work done for either less or nothing I would, dont see anything wrong in maximising a profit

At least the DM dosent have as many pictures to read as some of the papers who are better known for their pictures on page 3 rather than any news

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

Martin Luther King Jr.

we have accepted all the unemployed, and those who are working and claiming any sort of benefit are work shy scroungers, the disabled as work shy scroungers,

enough is enough

• Confused 1

Conversely, you will have employers who effectively replace Salaried Employees with Unpaid Labour - through Mandatory Work Activity and Unpaid Work Placements for the unemployed, thereby saving themselves something of the order of £20K-£30K per annum per candidate (no Salary, Tax, National Insurance) for each job. However, the State not only has to continue to support the individual who may be unemployed (at the cost of £15K per annum per candidate) but an unemployed candidate who could do the job if it were not occupied by the Slave Worker.

Total Loss to the State is of the order of £50K-£60K per annum per candidate.

Of course, there is also the trifling matter of part time staff being unable to negotiate additional hours because those hours are assigned to Slave Labour, and both part time and full time staff claiming a taxpayer subsidy for low pay through Working Tax Credit.

Not to mention some of the highly dubious 'apprenticeship' posts that I've seen pop up over the last few months. I completely understand and value trade apprenticeships, but when I see 'Packing Apprentice' or 'Cleaning Apprentice' I just see an employer playing the system.

I take your point, Assisted...however, there's no point maximising your profit through unpaid labour if great swathes of the country can't afford to buy what you're selling because they're either low paid or on benefits. Of the top of my head, I can't think of a single friend or relative who isn't seriously feeling the pinch in one way or another. I would say 90% of the people I know have stopped or massively reduced 'luxury' activities such as eating out, going on day trips or going to see live music.

I spend all day talking to small business owners, and I couldn't count on both hands how many builders, plasterers and carpet firms have told me that their trade through December was non-existent. Even people who have nest eggs are sitting on their hands, because they're so worried about what's around the corner. I truly believe that austerity is not only failing, but actually making the situation far worse.

Not to mention some of the highly dubious 'apprenticeship' posts that I've seen pop up over the last few months. I completely understand and value trade apprenticeships, but when I see 'Packing Apprentice' or 'Cleaning Apprentice' I just see an employer playing the system.

I take your point, Assisted...however, there's no point maximising your profit through unpaid labour if great swathes of the country can't afford to buy what you're selling because they're either low paid or on benefits. Of the top of my head, I can't think of a single friend or relative who isn't seriously feeling the pinch in one way or another. I would say 90% of the people I know have stopped or massively reduced 'luxury' activities such as eating out, going on day trips or going to see live music.

I spend all day talking to small business owners, and I couldn't count on both hands how many builders, plasterers and carpet firms have told me that their trade through December was non-existent. Even people who have nest eggs are sitting on their hands, because they're so worried about what's around the corner. I truly believe that austerity is not only failing, but actually making the situation far worse.

You have a point, my son was going to start one of these new apprenticships later this year, but now he isn't sure because he said at the end of it, they give them a telephone job. This is in I.T by the way. At the moment he doesn't know what way to go & he finishes 6th form this year! Trying to get him to get in & see Conexions or whatever they are called. He's hearing impaired & wears hearing aids, but he's not statemented..

Agreed. I can understand some things like child care, accounting, etc. being apprenticeships; but some companies do take the ****.