knowusebruce

financial assistance with re training

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2517 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Can i get an financial assistance with retraining? specifically training at a construction skills center?

i have heard of the ILA -Individual Learning Account- £200 towards courses for low income/unemployed but it is apparently only avaliable in scotland. The £200 would not cover the cost of the course but wlil cover my accommodation and food.

Can anyone point me in the right direction or will i get laughed at if i ask about any financial support?

i will not have a guaranteed job at the end of the course but i will be able to apply for work all over the country.

Are you claiming any benefits?

Some JCP offices have contracts with the local colleges or training providers for construction related courses and those will be offered free of charge.