nram mortgage arrears

italy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3284 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We have arrears with our Nram mortgage it is less than a months payment. We got in this situation due to a one off large bill. We can continue to pay the agreed monthly payment and then to overpay a bit each month. i rang up to offer this and was told they could not agree anything until i had done an income and expenditure form

I said i was not prepared to do one over the phone as i had no information to hand. They then said that they would send a form and rearrange a return call. I do not want to do this

What are my rights as they are still phoning all the time

You don't have to do an I&E with them for one missed payment - so long as you're not planning to take years to repay the outstanding amount. If it'll be repaid in say, two or three months, then just tell them what you'll pay and make sure you pay it. If it'll take longer than that, the reason they want the I&E is to see where else you can cut payments rather than to them.

In future if you have a big bill to pay, you should still pay the mortgage and re-adjust payments to non-secure lending instead - or arrange to pay the big bill in instalments. Saves you all this angst over the mortgage.

You can also tell them that you will only deal with them in writing and that you are instructing them not to telephone you again.