italy

nram mortgage arrears

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2461 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

We have arrears with our Nram mortgage it is less than a months payment. We got in this situation due to a one off large bill. We can continue to pay the agreed monthly payment and then to overpay a bit each month. i rang up to offer this and was told they could not agree anything until i had done an income and expenditure form

I said i was not prepared to do one over the phone as i had no information to hand. They then said that they would send a form and rearrange a return call. I do not want to do this

What are my rights as they are still phoning all the time

You don't have to do an I&E with them for one missed payment - so long as you're not planning to take years to repay the outstanding amount. If it'll be repaid in say, two or three months, then just tell them what you'll pay and make sure you pay it. If it'll take longer than that, the reason they want the I&E is to see where else you can cut payments rather than to them.

In future if you have a big bill to pay, you should still pay the mortgage and re-adjust payments to non-secure lending instead - or arrange to pay the big bill in instalments. Saves you all this angst over the mortgage.

You can also tell them that you will only deal with them in writing and that you are instructing them not to telephone you again.

They don't have to agree, start making that extra payment now.