Anons

Anons
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4111 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hope someone can help me, I have been contacted by Cabot about a debt in 2010, I did not know about this and requested prove (I sent the request letter and a pound postal order) this was sent back saying they did not have to supply this information, I then sent the debt barres letter as it seems this is at least 7 or so years ago, they again sent this back saying it was not.

I also told them that debts had been associated with my name but were not mine.

so I sent them an account in disbute letter they again did not accept this, so I decided to ignore them.

Just before Xmas a letter from mackenziehall arrived saying the debt has been passed to them, I sent them a letter explaining all that had passed with Cabot, today they have sent me a letter saying my complaint is not upheld so pay ( wrong address as well on the letter).

Should I now send the same letters to them asking for the same info?

:-x:-x:-x

Is this debt on your credit record ? You need to check.

What type is this ? e.g. credit card

Is this your debt or not ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

OK send the following letter to the Compliance Manager at Mackenzie Hall by recorded deilvery.

Ref: as on their letter.

Sir,

Formal Complaint.

I refer to your letter dated xx xx xxxx in which you allege that I owe a debt for £xxx.xx as I have already explained I have no knowlege of or liability for any such alleged debt as you are n doubt aware this alleged debt was in the hands of Cabot Financial who failed to prove any liability.

I have researched my credit history and have concluded that any such debt is STATUTE BARRED therefore I will not make any payment or offer of payment.

I have been made aware of the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection 2003 updated November 2012 and the sections regarding the pursuit of statute barred debt, also I am aware that the onus of proof that the alleged debt is not statute barred is entirely on Mackenzie Hall , it is not for me to prove the status of the alleged debt.

Such proof MUST BE UNEQUIVOCAL and detailed in writting, you have 7 days to respond to this letter after which I will consider the matter closed.

This is my final response.

• Haha 1

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Make sure you are getting a complaint into the OFT as well, as they are breaching OFT guidelines on debt collection.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D