cushtymann

liverpool victoria refuses stolen car claim, while on holiday, BEWARE

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2463 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I had my jeep 4x4 stolen in paris in december 2010, while on a family holiday.

Liverpool victoria, decided not to pay the claim , after deciding that i had parked the vehicle irresponsibly and not making an effort to find it.

The car was parked at a carrefour hypermarket, in paris and how was i to look for the car if not from paris.

I sent in 2 crime no s and a statement from the paris police that they had not found the car.

This ruined our family holiday, cost £580 on the train to get to london and £120 taxi home.

I complaimed to the financial ombudsman ,who upheld my claim, only for lv to appeal.

This has still not been resolved after more than 2 years,and is very frustrating.

I would advise anyone thinking of using l.v. Please beware, beware, beware.

(Edit)

Edited by maroondevo52
Removed personal details.

Unusaual, LV pretty good normally.

can you post up letter from LV declining claim.

On the face of it cant see any grounds for refusal at all.

all correspondence is with financial ombudsman, I even had to send copies of euro star tickets to get home they didn't believe me.

and as for not looking hard enough for car, how do I know my way around paris in -3 in the snow?.

including the holiday I lost over £7000

did you not take out travel insurance; AA five star?