BankFodder BankFodder

marco_70

Best way to stop carers allowance.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2556 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Folks,

My wife has been part carer for her elderly father who has severe MS for the past year. It is mainly to give her mother some respite, help around the house and always be there driver as they don't drive and can't get shopping or do doctors trips etc.

She has been making sure she does 35hrs a week whilst also looking after our two kids while I work long hours often away from home.

The issue is she is beginning to struggle to maintain the 35 hrs a week and although she will continue to help out when she can she wants to reduce the hours to below 35.

We realise this will mean stopping the carers allowance and are happy to do so. We just want to know when is the best time to do this to avoid being overpaid etc. Also what is the best number to ring. We are currently paid it every 4 weeks.

This is the only benefit we receive as we lost CHB recently due to my wage, unfair indeed but hey ho.

Thanks,

Mark

Any letters your wife has received about her carers allowance, there should be a number on there to call.

I always thought that if the household income was over a certain level carer's allowance was not payable. My wife was my care,r but because she was earning £200 plus a week, although entitled to carer's allowance was not in payment.

https://www.gov.uk/carers-allowance-unit

this is the contact number and address for Carers Allowance.

Surfer01 the entitlement ceases if the person who is the care giver works themselves, it is not affected by other household income, savings and partners income.