abroad Pension/Housing benefit

Helen2264
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4107 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Everyone,

I would like some advice with regards to a pensioner who receive State Pension and Pension Credit including Housing Benefit. The person want to go abroad to warmer climate during the severe UK winter. The person suffer from severe breathing difficulties and other ailments and is in his mid 80s.

Can someone please advice me how long can a person be abroad before their benefits stop and housing benefits as well. I have a guess about the benefits but the Housing Benefits I have no idea at all how long a person can be away and still be able to claim housing benefits.

Any reply would be much aprpeciated.

helen

Can pensioners go abroad and keep getting Pension Credit?

We can pay Pension Credit for up to 13 weeks while someone is temporarily absent abroad. If they go abroad for medical treatment under the NHS, we can pay Pension Credit for as long as they are getting medical treatment. However, they should tell us if they go abroad for any reason at all. They should also tell us if they go to Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands.

taken from this link http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/pc-faq.pdf