Jump to content


abroad Pension/Housing benefit

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2462 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hello Everyone,


I would like some advice with regards to a pensioner who receive State Pension and Pension Credit including Housing Benefit. The person want to go abroad to warmer climate during the severe UK winter. The person suffer from severe breathing difficulties and other ailments and is in his mid 80s.


Can someone please advice me how long can a person be abroad before their benefits stop and housing benefits as well. I have a guess about the benefits but the Housing Benefits I have no idea at all how long a person can be away and still be able to claim housing benefits.


Any reply would be much aprpeciated.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites



Can pensioners go abroad and keep getting Pension Credit?

We can pay Pension Credit for up to 13 weeks while someone is temporarily absent abroad. If they go abroad for medical treatment under the NHS, we can pay Pension Credit for as long as they are getting medical treatment. However, they should tell us if they go abroad for any reason at all. They should also tell us if they go to Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands.


taken from this link http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/pc-faq.pdf

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...