Panorama The Great Disability [problem]?

Dilizjo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4097 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This programme should be very interesting. It seems to be looking into an issue I think needs to be talked about publically which is that it is all fine and dandy to say people with an illness or disability ought to work however and where ever they can but how many employers are actually prepared to take a sick person on, especially these days? There are many stories of people being medically retired by ATOS and then found magically healed and "fit for work" during and ATOS conducted WCA. Even if a sick or disabled perosn could work if certain adjustments or considerations were made the reality is that employers just don't want to do it or do not have the funds to do so especially with an excess of able bodied workers on tap and the government determined to make it ever easier to hire and fire and pay less even for the fittest. I have experianced it myself that when an employer finds out you have some chronic health issue they always find a better candidate.

It really feels like they either want to make the sick destitute or make us work unpaid until we become so ill we just die, so very depressing.

ven if a sick or disabled perosn could work if certain adjustments or considerations were made the reality is that employers just don't want to do it or do not have the funds to do so

There are only so much reasonable adjustments an employer can do. I'm not sure that extents to letting me work when I can.

There are only so much reasonable adjustments an employer can do. I'm not sure that extents to letting me work when I can.

Of course, I was just talking about if it was possible, even they employers won't do it. In my last work place I had an assesment done by Occupational Health, due to my health issues they wrote up a report about me, what I needed to assist me and passed directly to my employer. I worked there for another year and chased it up frequently I never got one item from that list, not one. I was fobbed off time and time again until I was made redundent.

Does anybody still trust the BBC? I only watch RT and Al-Jazzera (and no, I'm not either Russian or muslim).

Are you my father in law? (scratch that he can't use a computer) He does the same thing, he's a british atheist in his late 70's.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Well folks apparently those of us who have disabilities and illnesses that DWP and ATOS feel they have to put in the WRAG are known as LTBs... Lying Thieving B******s by the Work Program Providers..... as we all know the LTB's in this situation are IDS, Mark Hoban and their cronies........

Was surprised st the BBC attacking the system in this way.

I thought the BBC made some good points, but didn't really 'join the dots' so to speak. They pointed out that these companies make money out of the disabled but didn't really go anywhere with it. I would also have focused on the sanctioning system and the fact that this takes most advantage of those who are vulnerable and probably pays for the work programme.

Watched it, hoban doing his usual dodging.

It was ok but it didnt really get to the real problem or what I think is the real problem, eg. I dont think is anything wrong with phone interviews for people who cant get to an interview, and this is what the program failed to establish. That having to attend workplaces is a big barrier for some people, if working from homes jobs were collected up and created by employers such as the nhs and dwp then more people would get back into work.

It was ok but it didnt really get to the real problem or what I think is the real problem, eg. I dont think is anything wrong with phone interviews for people who cant get to an interview, and this is what the program failed to establish. That having to attend workplaces is a big barrier for some people, if working from homes jobs were collected up and created by employers such as the nhs and dwp then more people would get back into work.

I'm in the support group, but I'd bite their arm off for a work at home job.

It's a shame but all the Panoramas are never really hard hitting. It was the same with the bailiffs, nothing in that programme showed the bailiff in their true light, in fact after the programme it was sort of 'what do people have to complain about'.

This one showed what is happening but I can't see any politician getting angry at the way the money is being spent as it wasn't really put over.

I think in most of the Panorama programmes, the title is more hard hitting than the actual programme content.

It seems like we can only rely on Dispatches to get to the heart of the matter. The BBC is not a credible enough station to do hard hitting journalism, they're not exactly independent and the fact that panorama is only on for 30mins meant that they barely touched the surface.

I remember when the dispatches programme about ATOS aired and that it was the Leeds branch of ATOS that was mainly under the spotlight. I live in Leeds and had been to my medical with ATOS 2 months earlier and the programme put the fear of god in me, especially as i got the brown envelope through the door the next day.

It took me hours to build up the courage to read it but i was lucky and was put straight into the support group.

I just couldn't believe the timing of it all.

Why do you all still bother with watching the BBC news programs? The BBC is not what it is used to be. Just stick to RT and Al Jazeera, they're both on Freeview.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

It seems like we can only rely on Dispatches to get to the heart of the matter. The BBC is not a credible enough station to do hard hitting journalism, they're not exactly independent and the fact that panorama is only on for 30mins meant that they barely touched the surface.

I remember when the dispatches programme about ATOS aired and that it was the Leeds branch of ATOS that was mainly under the spotlight. I live in Leeds and had been to my medical with ATOS 2 months earlier and the programme put the fear of god in me, especially as i got the brown envelope through the door the next day.

It took me hours to build up the courage to read it but i was lucky and was put straight into the support group.

I just couldn't believe the timing of it all.

CH4 is still an arm of Government broadcasting so do not hold your breathe.

Wolf in sheeps' clothing http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Channel_4

Need to see this but there's an Independent article here http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/ltb--lying-thieving-bs-bbc-documentary-lifts-the-lid-on-offensive-code-used-to-describe-disabled-and-jobless-8469818.html

I think this is the subtle softener as we build up to a harsher line on reasonable adjustments i.e. non for all work program participants.

Not like the DWP to use a few cases to force everybody else into a mandatory rule.

Remember a lot of folks should not even be in the WRAG if we lived in a sensible society.

So parked and telephone only will now equal WP failure therefore abolished for sanctions for all who can't comply.

It's not like they've changed the definition of disability recently or the definition of the WRAG from not able to blink and they can work is it..... erm,,,, I'm not the messiah I'm a naughty boy!