Lellyah

How can I get my money back????

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2416 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Checking my bank account online today I noticed that a transaction I made at my corner shop recently has bee paid to them twice! I called my bank and, they gave me both authorisation codes and, told me to ask the shop to refund one as the money was now in their bank account TWICE. I went over and explained, gave them the original receipt, authorisation codes and, showed them my bank statement showing amount, shop name and date. They checked their receipts and they only have one transaction, for that amount, with my details on the date stated. Straightforward you would think but, no, they are refusing to pay!! What can I do as the bank are saying quite categorically that it is up to the shop to repay the money as it is now in their account!

Hi Welcome,

it sounds very much like your bank is being unhelpful,

which is very much par for the course.

.Phone your Banks Head Office and ask to be put through to their Banking Fraud Department,

explain the situation and get them to do the work,

especially as the shop is being uncooperative,

follow this up with a letter or email confirming the situation,

you need to keep a hard copy of all dealings

FS

Under rules that came into effect in November '09, you are entitled to an immediate refund while the bank investigates a transaction that you dispute, unless it has evidence that you acted negligently or dishonestly. While the burden of proof has always been with the bank to prove that you authorised the transaction, the changes mean that this requirement now has the force of law,

The Payment Services Regulations 2009 No. 209

Non-execution or defective execution of payment transactions initiated by the payee

76.—(1) This regulation applies where a payment order is initiated by the payee.

(2) The payee’s payment service provider is liable to the payee for the correct transmission of the payment order to the payer’s payment service provider in accordance with regulation 70(6).

(3) Where the payee’s payment service provider is liable under paragraph (2), it must immediately re-transmit the payment order in question to the payer’s payment service provider.

(4) The payee’s payment service provider must, on request, make immediate efforts to trace the payment transaction and notify the payee of the outcome.

(5) Where the payee’s payment service provider can prove to the payee and, where relevant, to the payer’s payment service provider, that it is not liable under paragraph (2) in respect of a non-executed or defectively executed payment transaction, the payer’s payment service provider is liable to the payer and must, as appropriate and without undue delay—

(a)

refund to the payer the amount of the payment transaction; and

(b)

restore the debited payment account to the state in which it would have been had the defective payment transaction not taken place.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Thanks everyone, I'm going back to the shop in the morning then I'm calling the bank if I get no satisfaction.

If you get no joy from the shop the onus is on your bank to sort it out.

If you have to go to the bank cite The Payment Services Regulations 2009 and point out they are legally obliged to abide by it. if they still give you any bother make a complaint to the FSA http://www.fsa.gov.uk/consumerinformation/if_things_go_wrong

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Looking back at my accounts, it has happened several times. On each occasion, it seemed to sort itself out by the shop themselves when they did their monthly book keeping. If their account balances don't match, they have problems.

Moved to Bank and Finance Subforums:- holder.gifGeneral section