scotty81

Feeling victimized at work

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2464 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have worked for a certain top supermarket for over a year as a night worker and am in need of some advice.. For starters it seems every time I put holiday requests in 80% of the time they are being refused by the assistant manager of my department (who clearly has it in for me.)

I was asked to work overtime over christmas but conveniently the clocking machines had been frozen so i was unable to clock in!! All in all I worked 48 hours of overtime over the christmas period but now I have been told I am not going to be paid for this and I will have to take my time back in lieu... BUT not anytime soon!!!

Now the last couple of weeks its really getting to me as I have been told to come in on overtime without clocking in or getting paid just as a favour to my department which is short staffed... So basically they expect me to work for nothing (which I refused to do) Also on my shift last night I was accused of being intoxicated when I haven't touched a drop of alcohol since new year.. I have been onto the union about these problems but am getting really frustrated and feel as if I am being victimized! Any help or advice would be much appreciated!!

Firstly ask for a Copy of your company/staff handbook to find out about their grievance procedures -.I would put all your concerns down on paper and ask for a meeting with your line manager and his line manager (depending on the procedures) and ask them to address each one of them. If you're in the union ask the union rep to accompany you. Give him a copy of your concerns too so he can familiarise himself with what's been going on x

Ps don't ever say the manager has it in for you, lay the blame squarely on his behaviour

scotgal 

If the clocking in machine wasnt working over Christmas how is everyone else being paid? I assume you were not the only person who could not clock in.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.