steven3367

Estate agents withdrawl fee

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2460 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

had my house advertised with an estate agent for sale or rent after a month i went to another one as the first one was not doing anything and they found me a tenant within a week, i told the to still leave the property for sale as i would prefer to sell than let, the tenant moved in a month ago, received a letter today off the first estate agent saying they were withdrawn the property as i have a tenant in it and could i pay them a withdrawal fe of 115 pounds. please note i havent withdrawn it they have. i think it because the other estate agent got me the tenant. any advice given

what contract do you have with the first estate agent

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS

the usual agreed to withdrawal fee if i took it off the market, the fact is i haven't withdrawn it they did so why should i pay it im happy to

Did the first firm allow you to use a second firm within their terms and conditions?

Was it an exclusive contract? with a smaller sale fee?

If you have not actually withdrawn it off the market and still want to sell with a siting tenant; have you told them that?

i have read the contract in small print they say that if i withdraw the property or they withdraw a charge of 99 pounds plus vat is payable, on the contract i didn't date it i just signed it if that's a get out clause, also the boxes stating sole agent etc are not ticked so they cant get me on that. i have put a letter of complaint in to there head office stating that i had told the manager to keep marketing the property regardless of the tenant but she ignored the request, i think its ridiculous that they can take your money then a couple of months later say we don't want to do this anymore give me some more money.

I dont think that would stand up in court at all; they pull out of a contract and you have to pay; I dont think so.

This would come under unfair terms and conditions and be thrown out if they try that card.

I would just reply in that way and see what happens.

thats what i thought ill wait and see what they come back with sent a email to there head office with all the mistakes that they have done