HMV Chargeback help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4111 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks can you help with this please, my wife bought me a DVD at christmas from HMV with her credit card, it turned out she had bought the wrong DVD so took it back to the shop and had the credit put onto a giftcard. As you know they have went bust and are not accepting giftcards, can she still try for the chargeback as it was originally paid for by credit card?? thank you.

Yes you can - anyone that bought Gift cards for HMV from tesco and asda can get them swapped in stores but if you bought direct you need to put a claim in with the administrators or apply for charge back on your card.

The only issue you have is that you did not actually buy the gift card via the card it was an item and your card issuer may refuse the claim as the initial item was received and replaced.

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Yes thats the problem it was bought in HMV store originally with the credit card, then taken back as it was the wrong dvd but instead of credit going back on the card it was put onto a giftcard that had been bought before. It looks like i could try and get it through charge back but its a long shot, how do i go about doing this i have not tried it before, thanks.

Good news:

In a statement, Deloitte said: "The Joint Administrators to HMV today confirm that gift cards can be redeemed in stores from Tuesday 22 January. Additionally, the Joint Administrators confirm that proceeds raised by HMV through the sale of charity releases (including the Hillsborough Justice Collective single) will be paid in full as soon as possible."

http://news.sky.com/story/1040839/hmv-tunes-into-rescue-deal-with-hilco

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"