• Tweets

• HB - friend historically has left issues to the last moment, always incurring extra costs.  It has been so frustrating.  Always worried about bills; yet always ending up paying more...   Dx- Is it worth friend writing to the court to say that a legal rep could go to the court on the hearing date - to request Claim be stayed/ struck out?  Even though bank has said they will write to the courts to say arrears paid in full?  Or does bank action mean the claim court hearing will automatically be withdrawn?   Or does friend have to go the N244 route?
    • Hi Everybody,   Long time lurker and appreciative of advice on here, but have something of a pickle of my own which hopefully you can help with...   I left a flat in November 2017 and paid what I thought to be a final bill payment (with notorious SP), and also discussed my end of tenancy date with the CS rep. 6 months later go by and I get a call from somebody saying I'm overdue a bill payment for the utilities in the flat, and that they are wanting money from me. I politely told them they are mistaken and I was all finished up with them, and that they couldn't move with me to my new address. Cue another two months of nothing, and they re-appear on my phone, asking for money. I politely told them that it was nothing to do with me, and to speak to the new tenants / property company who managed the previous flat (and gave their address). 6 months later, I decide to check my credit history in-depth and see that there is a default listed on my account for around £100, so I called them up to complain that there was an unwarranted and invalid default on my account, and they highlighted that they never took the final payment and was outstanding an amount which I was not aware of. When discussing with them on my departure dates, they actually had it listed incorrectly, and I then gave them the correct dates, and said they would review and revise the bill statement but needed payment of ~£100 then and there, but would be rectified and re-imbursed when reviewed. They also said they would take care of the default on file if it was incorrect. 2 months later I get a cheque in the post for overpaying them and nothing further is required. I call them up to confirm relating to the default and they advised it would be done in due process. I am now 2 months later (apologies if these months don't add up) and I have checked my credit file with a 'Satisfied' label on the default. I called them up to get it removed, and they are saying they no longer want to remove the default, and that the default was valid.   What is the best course of action for me at this point.. Is there any hope for me here to get this removed?   Thanks in advance! Dave
    • EDIT: Sorry wrong forum, tried to delete.   Hi Everybody,   Long time lurker and appreciative of advice on here, but have something of a pickle of my own which hopefully you can help with...   I left a flat in November 2017 and paid what I thought to be a final bill payment (with notorious SP), and also discussed my end of tenancy date with the CS rep. 6 months later go by and I get a call from somebody saying I'm overdue a bill payment for the utilities in the flat, and that they are wanting money from me. I politely told them they are mistaken and I was all finished up with them, and that they couldn't move with me to my new address. Cue another two months of nothing, and they re-appear on my phone, asking for money. I politely told them that it was nothing to do with me, and to speak to the new tenants / property company who managed the previous flat (and gave their address). 6 months later, I decide to check my credit history in-depth and see that there is a default listed on my account for around £100, so I called them up to complain that there was an unwarranted and invalid default on my account, and they highlighted that they never took the final payment and was outstanding an amount which I was not aware of. When discussing with them on my departure dates, they actually had it listed incorrectly, and I then gave them the correct dates, and said they would review and revise the bill statement but needed payment of ~£100 then and there, but would be rectified and re-imbursed when reviewed. They also said they would take care of the default on file if it was incorrect. 2 months later I get a cheque in the post for overpaying them and nothing further is required. I call them up to confirm relating to the default and they advised it would be done in due process. I am now 2 months later (apologies if these months don't add up) and I have checked my credit file with a 'Satisfied' label on the default. I called them up to get it removed, and they are saying they no longer want to remove the default, and that the default was valid.   What is the best course of action for me at this point.. Is there any hope for me here to get this removed?   Thanks in advance! Dave
    • My thought is: you need a solicitor yourself, and quickly.   The legal situation sounds extremely complicated.    There's only question that I feel confident in advising you on. You ask "The letter was also not recorded in case it makes a difference." No it doesn't. It might have done if you hadn't received the letter, but you have.
    • Hi DX   I have amended the WS and I hope i have taken out the meaningless gibberish.    Thanks, Roland    IN THE County Court AT                                                                              CLAIM NO:      BETWEEN: CABOT FINANCIAL (UK) LIMITED   -and- (DEFENDANT)     ___________________________________________ WITNESS STATEMENT OF      INTRODUCTION    1. I, XXXX, the Defendant in this case, make this statement in support of my defence against the Claimant, Cabot Financial (UK) Limited.  The matters set out below are within my own knowledge, except where I indicate to the contrary.    THE DEFENDANT’S RESPONSE TO THE CLAIMANT’S WITNESS STATEMENT    2. The Claimant states in Paragraph 3, ‘….refer to various documents, true copiesof which are contained in the paginated bundle to this statement marked “JK”1’, but then states in para 4, ‘Acopy of the reconstituted agreementwith associated terms and conditions….pages 1-10’. There is an Agreement and 2 sets of Terms & Conditions and according to para 4 they are not the original but ‘a reconstitutedversion’. The agreement in the JK1 exhibit on page 2 shows an agreement with my name, address and a date but no Account Number or Reference Number as the same was not mentioned in the Claimant’s Particulars Of Claim, which was addressed in my Defence Para 1, ‘the particulars of claim are vague and generic…’.    3. The Claimant’s Witness Statement does not state how the agreement was made, via telephone, post or electronically.   4. There are 2 sets of Terms & Conditions Pages 4-10 which does not show my name and address as per the Consumer Credit Act 1974 Request.    5. Pages 1-10 can easily be downloaded from various internet forums and image sites and have my details inserted with any picture manipulation software.   6. The Claimant states in Para 9 that my defence is a ‘templated defence’, requesting documents pursuant of CPR 31.14 and Section 78 of the Credit Card Act 1974, this is a defendant’s right for request of information but the Claimant has failed to provide the true original Credit Card Agreement and Terms & Conditions.   7. The Claimant states in Para 25 that, ‘the Claimant allowed the proceedings to be stayed in order to allow the parties to attempt settlement negotiations…..’ this is not correct as the Claim was stayed due to the Claimant not being able to provide the requested documents pursuant of my CPR 31.14 and Section 78 of the Credit Card Act 1974. 8. Para 30 and 31of the Witness Statement requests to restore the proceedings, to strike out the Defence, has requested for a Summary Judgement, together with costs to be assessed summarily by the court. I, the Defendant, strongly object to the Claimant’s Witness Statement requesting to lift the stay and enter Judgement. I believe therefore, that this should be denied and I respectfully ask for you to strike out the claim. My reasons for this have been outlined in points 1 to 7.  9. By the reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief and invite the Court to strike out the claim.     I believe that the facts stated in this Witness Statement are true.    Signed:  Dated: 
  • Our picks

maroire

car had been clocked 2 years ago at doing 127000 miles

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2497 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi could anyone help me, on saturday 13th january 2013 i brought a car from adealer it said it had done 76000 miles excellent car etc etc the next day car broke down and overheated rac came out had to be towed the car is now undrivable i checked on the dvla to make sure this wasnt a dodgy mot and found that the car had been clocked 2 years ago at doing 127000 miles we phoned the garage and they said that they would refund and collect the car today thaey have now said that they wont and we can take them to court as they will not give us a refund at all where do i stand i phoned the trading standards but it seems so long winded my husband has just started a new job and we desperatly need two cars but we now have no money to get another please any more advice would be greatly

recieved thanks maroire

Hello and Welcome maroire,

I have started a new thread for you.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Clocking is a very serious offence and should be reported to Trading Standards as soon as possible. You do not need to notify dealer that is is what you will be doing. From this point forward write to the dealer politely requesting the refund due to clocking and send by registered mail. Give them 10 working days to respond. Do not correspond any longer by phone as there will be no record.

hi thanks for the responses, i brought it cash £1800 mainly as the mileage for the age of car was so low, and it seemed okay as with all second hand cars you can never tell. we did record the telephone conversation with his acknowledgement so we have proof that he agreed a refund. he is being extremely rude and refusing to do anything about it i have contacted tradng standards and under the sale of goods act 1979 he is obliged to refund the money or like for like but he is having none of it they have told me to write to them so that is my next call. if he didnt know it was clocked is it still down to him to deal with this or the person he got it from? thanks

have you got the original add, which states the mileage and condition etc.

it would have been simple for him to check with vosa before advertising etc.

trading satandards will put pressure on, however suggest you get things moving by writing to dealer giving him 7 days to repond and return money paid or you will seek court action for recovery.

You don't have to let him know you are recording his calls.

How many changes of ownership in the last two years or in other words how many times has the car changed hands according to the V5 since the VOSA records show the mileage discrepancy before anyone starts jumping to conclussions?

How many changes of ownership in the last two years or in other words how many times has the car changed hands according to the V5 since the VOSA records show the mileage discrepancy before anyone starts jumping to conclussions?

hi thanks again for responding according to the v5 they have had the vehicle since 23/02/11 the change seemed to take place feb 2011.

So when you say"They've had the vehicle" is the V5 in the dealers name for all of that time?