maroire

car had been clocked 2 years ago at doing 127000 miles

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2498 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi could anyone help me, on saturday 13th january 2013 i brought a car from adealer it said it had done 76000 miles excellent car etc etc the next day car broke down and overheated rac came out had to be towed the car is now undrivable i checked on the dvla to make sure this wasnt a dodgy mot and found that the car had been clocked 2 years ago at doing 127000 miles we phoned the garage and they said that they would refund and collect the car today thaey have now said that they wont and we can take them to court as they will not give us a refund at all where do i stand i phoned the trading standards but it seems so long winded my husband has just started a new job and we desperatly need two cars but we now have no money to get another please any more advice would be greatly

recieved thanks maroire

Hello and Welcome maroire,

I have started a new thread for you.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Clocking is a very serious offence and should be reported to Trading Standards as soon as possible. You do not need to notify dealer that is is what you will be doing. From this point forward write to the dealer politely requesting the refund due to clocking and send by registered mail. Give them 10 working days to respond. Do not correspond any longer by phone as there will be no record.

hi thanks for the responses, i brought it cash £1800 mainly as the mileage for the age of car was so low, and it seemed okay as with all second hand cars you can never tell. we did record the telephone conversation with his acknowledgement so we have proof that he agreed a refund. he is being extremely rude and refusing to do anything about it i have contacted tradng standards and under the sale of goods act 1979 he is obliged to refund the money or like for like but he is having none of it they have told me to write to them so that is my next call. if he didnt know it was clocked is it still down to him to deal with this or the person he got it from? thanks

have you got the original add, which states the mileage and condition etc.

it would have been simple for him to check with vosa before advertising etc.

trading satandards will put pressure on, however suggest you get things moving by writing to dealer giving him 7 days to repond and return money paid or you will seek court action for recovery.

You don't have to let him know you are recording his calls.

How many changes of ownership in the last two years or in other words how many times has the car changed hands according to the V5 since the VOSA records show the mileage discrepancy before anyone starts jumping to conclussions?

How many changes of ownership in the last two years or in other words how many times has the car changed hands according to the V5 since the VOSA records show the mileage discrepancy before anyone starts jumping to conclussions?

hi thanks again for responding according to the v5 they have had the vehicle since 23/02/11 the change seemed to take place feb 2011.

So when you say"They've had the vehicle" is the V5 in the dealers name for all of that time?