style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2467 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

Unfortunately last night my car was vandalized quite badly. Its a very old classic Renault and somebody picked it up and flipped it over on its side in the middle of the road. Petrol and radiator fluid everywhere, the police and fire brigade had to come and put it upright. We live down a cul-de-sac so I'm quite surprised it happened really. Both sides are completely ruined, I just hope there's no structural damage however the leaking radiator is very worrying.

It was previously in almost concours condition and its a shame really because it was the car my parents got married in and has sentimental value attached to it for my mum.

I have a few concerns about the insurance policy because I've never had to claim before.

1. The value is estimated at around £4k on the policy however for collectors these can trade hands for a few times that. I expect the insurer will make their own estimate of its value and base any payout on that?

2. Is it up to them as to whether they want to write it off or repair it?

3. Most worryingly, I examined the policy this morning and I am listed as the owner and registered keeper. On examining the V5 form however, my mum is the owner. We both live at the same address so it never really crossed my mind but I expect now this could be very problematic. Should I submit a form to DVLA to transfer ownership to my name before contacting my insurer or is this a bad idea?

Many thanks for your time,

the V5 confirms the keeper NOT the owner.

would not change it yet,just be up front with insurance co.

its a shame really because it was the car my parents got married in and has sentimental value attached to it for my mum.

wow, must have been a small wedding. Priest and best man in the front seats, bride and groom in the back seats. where did they put the guests, in the boot? :bounce: