BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• We have spoken to DVLA and been told to write a letter with the details. Even though there is no address available it will be on record that she is no longer the keeper and that will be backdated to the time of sale.   I'm sorry I haven't addressed your questions. It's a Mini 07 registration 70,000 miles, service history, well maintained, bodywork perfect, 2 former owners MOT  December and recently serviced. Price £1900. As far as we are aware there were no other issues apart from the small oil leak - they are claiming there is oil all over their drive but there has never been any oil on our drive. (My daughter did suggest that they might not have screwed the oil cap on properly). In fact a local garage looked at it the day before the sale and their description of the leak was 'slightly damp'. It was advertised on Gumtree and Facebook Marketplace. The advertised price was £2250. There was no smell of burning oil when they test drove, nor had there been any such smell or fumes.
    • To answer the question, no, unless they do it illegally. 
    • the differences between brexiter bull-fantasy and Remain Reality begins to bite   add in: Just a year ago she was saying in the express that Brexit would stop the EU 'stealing' our stocks 'on OUR terms', without mentioning:   * the vast majority of our catches are sold to the EU (which she should know as a fish auctioneer profiting from others work) * the effects tariffs would have * The vast majority of the fish we eat is imported * The United Nations stocks agreement * The migratory nature of the fish (sic) * Irish and Scot fishing/territorial waters if they become independent   and of course she's out of one of her income streams LOL .. but I assume her fish auction company can still auction UK catches to the EU without change ... for now   You can understand how terms like 'mummery' came into use can't you?
    • Thank you for your responses. In terms of the vehicle, it is a 2010 volkswagen crafter which I purchased for £2500. It has 160,000 miles on the clock. But for its last MOT had 260,000 miles on the clock.  The reason I didnt check these bits and Bob's is due to the fact I have only bought new previous to this and being young I guess I was naive and trusting to a certain extent or should we say inexperienced in used vehicles.   He has several Van's listed and several more at his address also. I have his address yes, I'm unsure on ownership of said property.   I have pictures of all conversations between ourselves, I also now have written confirmation from a garage in regards to the forged service history I am awaiting a call off 2 others as I type this. I am now losing an extreme amount of money per day due to not being able to work or get the money back and this is seriously affecting my health already.   Apologies if i have missed anything out there I've tried to answer as best I can.
    • Have you been in contact with the Council's Housing and Homeless Team? Also have you had a proper benefit assessment.
  • Our picks

the_pit

Getting a DMP - Affected PDL due tomorrow, what should I say?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2558 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have contacted Step Change (formerly CCCS) to start a DMP, one of the loans involved is an almost £800 with 247 Money Box. (along 7 more) :|

The due date is tomorrow, I still haven't received anything from the DMP company and I asked them about this but still no reply.

What should I say to them?, I am not gonna pay of course, Step Change says in his web I think that in this cases you should make a payment, even when not full, just to show willingness to pay.. but I don't know.

What do you advise?

Thanks a lot!

You need to secure your bank account or at least empty it. Otherwise they will take what they are owed, or strip it clean.

You can try and contact them, but if you call them, make sure you record the call. If they say they cant or wont stop the transaction, then they are in violation of their credit licence terms.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi thanks for replying, Step Change says they will provide a letter template that I can use and send it to all my creditors informing their involvement.

Also they advised the same about the account (currently is with 0 funds and I have another clean account I am using instead).

Finally they advised me to make a token payment of no more than £5 as a gesture of goodwill, and to make sure I call my bank to avoid them being able to debit further amounts.

Does it make sense?

Yeo. However i would write a letter to the bank and hand it in person to the manager. Get it signed stamped and dated and make sure they give you a copy thats also signed etc.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

I will do that, do you think I can write only 1 letter to the bank with the list of the PDL companies I want to block, or it should be 1 per company.

Yeo. However i would write a letter to the bank and hand it in person to the manager. Get it signed stamped and dated and make sure they give you a copy thats also signed etc.

I will do that, do you think I can write only 1 letter to the bank with the list of the PDL companies I want to block, or it should be 1 per company.

You only need 1 letter. Tell the bank to cancel and decline any and all transactions to them INCLUDING any cpa's on the account.

Great, so you say any CPA from any company even if it's not a PDL? I mean, normal companies that have CPA like.. lovefilm.. or whatever?

You only need 1 letter. Tell the bank to cancel and decline any and all transactions to them INCLUDING any cpa's on the account.

No, State the names of the lenders and the merchants, as merchant names can be completely different from the lenders. Tell the bank you want ALL CPA's relating to the named companies cancelled.

Thanks, I had a chat today (proper Web Chat) and they insisted that I should pay.. they offered me to do it in 2 installments, I offered them to do it at £50 per month and they said it wasn't enough. So I paid them £5 today and will see.

They said they could now accept the offer by DMP and they will keep adding charges.. bla bla bla..

Anyway... thanks!!

It doesnt matter what they consider enough. They get paid whatever your financial circumstances allow.

Also tell them that you have explained that you cant afford to repay it, so what would be the point of adding unlawful and unfair charges?

Make a full complaint to the OFT. Make sur eyou tell them that they are refusing to take your circumstances into account, and saying that if you dont pay what they demand, they are threatening to add on unlawful charges.

Thanks, but the DM company (Step Change) will start taking care of it very soon, so is it worth to complain anyway or I should wait to see how lucky Step Change is dealing with them?

They said exactly this today:

"£50 will not be adequate to freeze your account, considering that the balance is over £700. I need to also make you aware fees and charges will be added to your account until we receive contact from Step Change, this can take several weeks.

There will be a £20 one day late fee, interest added at a rate of 1.2% per day, and you will recieve weekly default letters chargeable at £10 per letter."

Sounds excessive isn't it?

You must tell stepchange everything. That way they can contest any charges on the account and advise as needed. You could contact them and explain what fees and charges they are talking about, as they would all be unlawful apart from a base default fee which is usually £20.

The letter charges are unlawful, and i'd love to see them justify 1.2% interest per DAY. To me it sounds like they are trying to threaten or blackmail you into not going with stepchange and to do what they say. As i said before, you MUST get a full complaint in with the OFT about their conduct. If you dont, you are justifying what they are doing.

Thanks a lot!, I will do all that :)