style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4106 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I’ve recently received through my door a hand posted envelope from a bailiff containing two notices

Removal notice. Dated 9/11/12 £668

First notice. Dated 11/1/13 £1048

Firstly I feel I should point out that I’ve never made contact with the council for any reason in the 18+ months that I’ve been a tenant at this address.

Any mail the council have sent me has been incorrectly addressed (forename and surname) and I’ve rightfully or wrongfully (I fear) chose to ignore it. The reasons I did so are mostly financial but family and employment issues very much factor as well.

Example of name differences (both fictional)

John Hampton and "Jon Hanton" ….Although phonetically similar the names are different.

I welcome any advice on dealing with this issue and will divulge any relevant information on request if necessary ….Many thanks

The council have obtained liability orders which means they can pass it on to bailiffs

There is a liability for council tax not being able to afford it is not a valid excuse as there are certain benefits that you could claim

however you do not need to deal with the bailiffs

there is no right of entry for the bailiffs and do not let them in

if you have a car move it away to prevent a levy

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

I think you've been a bit silly to ignore letters from the council. My name is almost always spelt incorrectly and a simple phone call usually fixes it.

You need to contact your local Council and ask for a breakdown of the charges and find out exactly how much you owe.

Many thanks (IHB and Ros) I fully realise I’ve had my head in the sand and deserve to be told so. I only raise the incorrect name issue because, a district council, magistrates court and a bailiff hell-bent on profiteering from my misfortune, are displaying a lack of factual information regarding who they are actually dealing with.

I think at best this error will only prolong the inevitable and a phone call to the council is needed.

I’m currently £2k in the red with the bank and at this moment have no income.

I’m concerned about contacting the council about correcting their error, as I can offer no payment plan.

there will be a liability to pay the debt if you are reviving benefits they can do attachment around £2 a week

the only way to solve it will be to contact the council

with regards to the bailiffs they have no right of entry no locksmith or prison deny bailiffs a levy and nothing they can do

as you have no income/out of work i would say you are classed as vulnerable so bailiff action should stop

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

You need to speak to someone at the Council and ask the following questions:

1 - how many Liability Orders they have against you

2 - the dates they were obtained

3 - the addresses they were for

4 - the period of time each covers

5 - how much each one was for

6 - how much is still outstanding

7 - the dates they were passed on for enforcement

8 - the dates & amounts of any payments

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]