• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

The Great Kwik-fit Rip off

The Famous Cash
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4085 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After eight emails to Kwik-fit they continue to ignore my requests for refund of overcharging.

They held my car over New Year having displaced a broken coil spring on examination, saying car was now too dangerous to drive.

They quoted £170.

It finished up £180.

I remarked they were overcharging.

They, of course, denied it.

Subsequently manager said he would refund if I could show a proper garage cheaper quote.

I contacted seven.

Six responded from under £100 to a whopping £122.

Despite all the emails.

Copied to Member of Parliament and BBC Watchdog.

Despite the proof from Watchdog about their repeated overcharging and doing work which was not necessary.

Despite the internet littered with similar complaints about them, they continue to regard themselves above the law!

Big mistake Kwik-fit!

Edited by Conniff
correct a couple of typos

Interesting. . . . I have already done so. That contact has also been ignored!

One of the most unprofessional companies I have ever come across.

How odd. We haven't received your email. Did you try to contact us directly?

Please re-send your complaint to [email protected] - in your email please give us a link to this conversation

Kind regards,

Andy

Not odd at all! Kwik-Fit's unprofessional behaviour, incompetence and total inability to follow the simplest of instructions are occurring on a daily basis. I have now sent many emails. EVERY single one of them requests a read receipt and a response from the Complaints Manager. I have NEVER received a read receipt nor a response by email, other than an early one stating my email would be passed on. Two letters were received. Both astoundingly unprofessional and ignoring the issue. One of my recent emails also included a screenshot of the ignored web site mail! My email sent yesterday (22/01/13) demanded a read receipt and a response from the person to whom the email was addressed; by email. As per their habit. NO read receipt or email response was made. Bear in mind this is in the knowledge (I have warned them constantly) all communications are being sent to my Member of Parliament and BBC Watchdog. Also, I will be posting details of this travesty on every conceivable site at every conceivable opportunity. To date still no refund!

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update on Kwik-Fit's incompetence.

Despite my Member of Parliament writing to them, they STILL refuse to stand by their promise of refund!

I will do everything within my power to expose Kwik-Fit's unprofessionalism, incompetence and ignorance to customers' attention.

Just because they are a huge company does not mean they will get away with ripping ME off !

SODS !

Stop pussy footing around, send them a letter before action by recorded delivery and stipulate a time, say 10 days, when you expect a response, also say that if no response is received within that time you will start a court claim against them without further notice.

Don't say it if you don't intend to go through with it though.

You can do it on line and it costs about £40 which you add to your claim - https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

Thank you for your comment.

I certainly do not "pussy foot" around. Just doing things in the correct order. Now I have given them the chance to correct their error and they have failed to respond in the affirmative, I will take further action.

There is NO WAY Kwik-Fit will get one over on ME !

Car was driving ok. They jacked car up. As a result the broken coil spring was displaced. They did not reseat it. Car was unsafe to drive. Actually could not be driven more than a few feet.

was it broken before they looked at it??

if so did you know about this?

They quoted for the work at the time, which you must have accepted at the time, otherwise they wouldn't have fixed your car. So are we talking about the disparity between the final invoice and the quote which is £10, or the difference between your lowest quote and the invoice £80?

Did this £180 include the MOT and presumably VAT?, did the £100 include VAT? You didn't have to get the car repaired with them, some people do drive dangerous cars away from test centres (not recommended), you could have had it transported away (at your cost) and then you'll have to get it back there for a retest - which may be chargeable depending on repair timescale. At the worst case the £100 quote could well end up costing more than £180 taking car recovery and retest costs into account.

You may feel that you paid over the odds, what price do you place on the convenience of the repair and the retest?

The spring unseated on test, it's a fault with your car, the tester does not have to reseat the spring, it's not his job as also it's not his job to speculate on the cause of any MOT failure.

MOT was never mentioned. No MOT was involved. As I said, car was a bit low at front nearside. I took it in to be checked. Their jacking displaced the broken coli and they did not replace it properly so the car could not be driven. Spring was now rubbing wheel so I was trapped. When they ESTIMATED £170 I made it clear I realised I was being overcharged and said so. They were not bothered because I am an old chap and they knew I had no option but to leave it over New Year, costing me a lot in taxis. There was no way at the end of the year I could hire a car or take to a proper garage.

On collecting the car they wanted £180. I made a big deal out of complaining we all knew I was being ripped off and legally paid UNDER DURESS.

I asked for their head office address. They asked, "WHY?" ! They did not give me it ! I asked for an email address. They did not give me it.

I immediately found address on web and sent email. They did not reply by email. I got a phone call from area manager. (He actually had dealt with the car.)

He said if I could find cheaper price they would refund.

So, I did. I got four quotes within an hour starting at £57 plus part.

They then ignored all my emails. They did not comply with my requests for read receipts.

They did not comply with my demands for an email acknowledgement.

I got one highly unprofessional letter from a person who did not even appear to have a surname stating they had, "Closed the case" !

Eventually another letter stated they maintained price was fair. They have never made an reference to the fact they said I would get a refund if I could prove proper garages would be much cheaper.

My Member of Parliament wrote to them and they sent a response saying price was fair. Again, no comment about their promise.

Kwik-Fit, in my experience, is highly unprofessional, unbusiness-like, unable to follow the simplest of instructions and ignorant.

Despite the proof of their overcharging and doing work which is not necessary, (BBC Watchdog" and hundreds of complaints littered throughout the web and confessions of employees who state they are told to over charge, Kwik-Fit think they are untouchable.

WRONG, Kwik-Fit. You have not had ME to deal with before !