BankFodder BankFodder

EHumber

Job Seekers Allowance. Help Please

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2557 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello,

I am about to apply for JSA, and would like advice about one aspect.

Until Nov 24 2012, I was claiming Sickness benefit (ESA?) and decided to try and return to work.

I didn`t apply for Job Seekers Allowance, I sold my car to fund looking for a job.

As yet I have still to find employment, and so am in the process of applying.

In the form, there is a question that asks if you wish to claim from a previous date, which I do.

Before I submit this question, can someone please tell me what this might entail.

If, in asking for a backpayment, it requires days/weeks of questions, and proof, I fear it

may not be worth persuing.

In summary, what is the usual response from the Gov/Benefit office, when a previous registering date

is requested?

Many thanks

Eric

If you request backdating, they'll give you a specific form that's a couple of pages long. Basically it asks you why you didn't claim earlier and to confirm that you were indeed available for and seeking employment.

It's not a whole lot of hassle really, but if your only reason for not applying was that you chose to live on your own resources, I'd say it's unlikely backdating would be accepted.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Backdating is looked at in two seperate areas, forstly he laboutr market conditions and showing written evidence of what steps you took to find employment, jobs applied for etc, then secondly the BC look at the Claims and Payments Regulations to determine if payment can be issued, however the C&P regs are set and you eiter qualify or you don't. You will be asked why you delayed making a claim and based on your OP your reasons would not be accepted.