• Tweets

• I wonder if anyone can help me. I had a loan with a high street bank from about 10 years ago and I had to stop paying because I lost my job. I reduced my payment to a token payment for a few years but I then ceased this some years ago because I took some advice from an online forum which said that I should ask a ‘Subject Access Report’. I did this and I also asked for a copy of the contract with both signatures which highlighted that myself and the bank had a contract and what its terms were. As the loan was made up of an overdraft and a formal loan I thought they would have paperwork. However, eventually the bank responded by saying that they had no contract and they admitted that as such it was not enforceable in court. Over the last year, the bank have again appointed Moorcroft Debt Recovery Limited to use their strongarm tactics. I have not been responding to the last couple of letters asking me to contact them to arrange a payment plan and now their letters are becoming more threatening. Here is the text of their latest letter……. Quote   We are aware that you have failed to agree an affordable repayment plan with us concerning the above account.   As no agreement has been reached we are now in the process of reviewing your account to consider the steps which may be taken in relation to further debt recovery action. The options include recommending one of the following:   ·         1. Continue in our attempts to contact you by letter and phone. ·         2. Instruct a local representative to arrange to call at your home address to try to re-establish contact with you.   To prevent possible further action you must contact us. Failure to contact us by the 22/10/19 will result in one of the aforementioned debt recovery actions being undertaken without further notice.  Unquote As you can see, they are now getting more threatening. I really do not want people knocking at my door – does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do to sort this situation? I do not want to pay for something that seems unenforceable but I do not want knocks at my door either. Any help would be appreciated.   Kind regards    
    • Yes it was a tomlin/consent order I have a recent statement its not showing any additional charges on it. The statement does not show the balance to pay each month, as the contract was terminated in March 17 and the termination bill was added to the account so my payments reduce the account balance £14262.38  Capital £6995.00 Interest £7213.38 Plus 3 x £18 charges  I presume if it went to court again I would be notified?    I thought court costs and charges could increase a balance owing but not be included in arrears or court proceedings when listing the amount owing, or am I wrong?    
    • Check to see if they are adding monthly charges inflating arrears as per DX.
    • .So I’ve been at the flat for a number of years , you had to be a certain age back then, now all ages and couples with young babies get put here , first floor , no garden not a good area not so bad either .   ive just had a letter to say I’ve been taken off the list to transfer to a more appropriate home ,  no notice just taken off, council are saying my age group no longer qualify.. I spoke to equality and human rights council they suggested I complain siting The Public Sector Equality Act 2010. ( The General Duty and Specific Duty)  relating to age discrimination.      But I’ve also come across this in LAW Quarterly online Mag.    LHA’s allocation scheme suspending applicant’s ability to bid (R (Alemi) v Westminster City Council) The High Court has held that Westminster City Council’s allocation scheme suspending certain applicants from bidding for social housing for 12 months breached section 166A(3) of the HA 1996 (setting out which groups of people should be given reasonable preference when allocating housing).   Interesting i thought?               
    • so you've had a notice of assignment then?   if so that's rare for nasty west to sell it on they typically litigate themselves so I bet the debt is vastly inflated with penalty charges and the interest they attract.   i'd be sending NW an sar get all the statements. then go thru them with a fine toothed comb.   could be £1000's to reclaim....   pers i'd stop paying   what was the original debt amount and what is outstanding now a bit more info on the history please   dx    
  • Our picks

steve31

Welcome finance - please help to make sure I get the PPI claim right!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2465 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all,

My friend has just shown me some paperwork in which she is claiming back PPI from Welcome, however she started by using a company called Consumer Refund Service, they take 25% of any monies recovered.

I have told her she can do this (with some help) and keep all monies recovered.

I thought I'd log on here and look for the correct process, however there is so much info on PPI claims I'm becoming overwhelmed!

Is there an idiots step by step guide as to claiming? I have found a link to the FSCS detailing how to claim but it looks a little dodgy as the email links back to Welcome!

I have requested the claim form through them for now but just want to be sure I'm not playing into their hands!?

Any help / advice will be greatly welcomed (no pun intended!)

Regards

Steve

24 hours in a day... 24 in a case... co-incidence???

sadly you have to go through the FSCSas welcome are defunked in all but name.

you'll get 90% back

but they WILL offset to any debt.

PPI claim is:..

a spreadsheet

an FOS CQ

and a covering letter.

details below

however on a side note:

welcome are known fleecers

is this the ONLY loan with them?

and yes

lump everything insurance wise as PPI.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

" however she started by using a company called Consumer Refund Service, they take 25% of any monies recovered"

You'll also need to check what she signed up to and whether this is still payable if she makes her own successful claim, or whether there is an exit fee? Of course, as it is CAG, you might want to get advice on how robust such things really are :wink: