Advice Needed

Steve196
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4105 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i am new here so hoping i got the right place to post this....

I received a letter from 1st Credit ltd about a week ago saying about a personal matter they wanted to talk to me about,

i didn't phone them or anything but

instead emailed them asking what it was about and

i didn't give them my DOB or phone number..

.(hopefully did the right thing there)...then

today i got another letter and it states the debt on there being one from nearly 8yrs ago next month so

should i just ignore this letter or

should i reply back to them in a email just stating the ref number and

my name and state it is statute barred?

Any info would be apprecitated

Steve

Yea i am certain i didn't back then pay anything to the debt and it has a year on the letter for the debt dated back to 2007 so could you tell me where this SB draft letter is please and thanyou for the reply

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?408-Letter-sent-when-debt-is-statute-barred

They may try to say that some mythical payment was made preventing the Statute of Limitations but they would still need to prove it by providing info as to by who, what method & how much. ;)

Yes you could email it at first then if they continue to pursue send it again snail mail. Just hand it in at the Post Office with the normal stamp on & ask for 'Proof of Posting'... it'll save the recorded delivery charge.

If they still continue to pursue without proving it's not SB complain to your local Trading Standards & the OFT because they will be breaching OFT guidelines.

Just thought i would get on here to say thanks for the help on my 1st credit ltd debt where

i did send them the SB letter through email and

got a reply today saying they have closed the account and will not be contacting me anymore on the matter

but they did put the debt still exsists but i am not worried now :)

Heard from lowell today and

they have closed the account,

and also got yet another letter from 1stcredit ltd today offering a reduced payment

even though in their email it stated they would not send me any more letter's on the matter.

i emailed them to say i will have no choice going to trading standards or any other legal person

if i recieve any more letters from them concerning the account hopefully they will stop if not trading standards it will be )