T-Mobile and Lowell

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4110 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a debt on my credit report which I originally contested with T-Mobile some 5 years ago but then gave up and so did they.The entry is with Lowell Portfolio. Will the SAR route work with Mobile phone contracts and if not how can I go about getting this one taken off my file?

I have a debt on my credit report which I originally contested with T-Mobile some 5 years ago but then gave up and so did they.The entry is with Lowell Portfolio. Will the SAR route work with Mobile phone contracts and if not how can I go about getting this one taken off my file?

Would be very tempted to leave the lid firmly closed as it is about to become (if it is not already) Statute Barred.

When was the last payment, or last acknowledgement of the debt?

Would be very tempted to leave the lid firmly closed as it is about to become (if it is not already) Statute Barred.

When was the last payment, or last acknowledgement of the debt?

The last payment or acknowledgement of the debt was...never..... but I want it off my credit file soonest*. I think it is unlikely that they will still have or be able to find the paperwork hence my question with the SAR.* I am changing jobs later this year and will be looking at renting a flat and possibly buying a car.

The last payment or acknowledgement of the debt was...never..... but I want it off my credit file soonest*. I think it is unlikely that they will still have or be able to find the paperwork hence my question with the SAR.* I am changing jobs later this year and will be looking at renting a flat and possibly buying a car.

Yes you could SAR T-Mobile. No point doing so with Lowells, as this will just be a spreadsheey entry.

Once you have any useful info, you then challenge to remove the default. This will ultimately depend on there being agreement that that no debt default exists with T-Mobile.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

What is the date of the default entry on your credit file? It will drop off after 6 years regardless.

I know it will and that will happen late next year.I am trying to get it off my file sooner for various reasons.SAR has been sent, awaiting reply.

Mobile phone accounts are ''service'' contracts not credit agreements regulated by CCA 1974, often it is extemely difficult to get entries removed from CRA files unless you have evidence that there was no reason to default the account eg the default sum was made up of charges that caused the default, or the default was placed unfair such a being placed more than 6 months after the cause of action.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

It is a rolling service account with obligations to pay specified amounts monthly for the service provided so can be properly reported.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Mobile phone accounts are ''service'' contracts not credit agreements regulated by CCA 1974, often it is extemely difficult to get entries removed from CRA files unless you have evidence that there was no reason to default the account eg the default sum was made up of charges that caused the default, or the default was placed unfair such a being placed more than 6 months after the cause of action.

This may be the case:

- Stopped paying the bill due to a disagreement circa End Oct/Beg Nov 2007.

- Default date 10/06/2008

Does this mean the default was entered unfairly?

Emm long time span, just a little over the ICOs 6 months recommended, also the ''disagreement'' I presume was not settled?

You can challenge on both points, write to the Data Controller at TMobile.