missal

Renting a house- poor credit but good references

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2466 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Can a letting agent take an application fee and fail me when I have been upfront about potential issue with poor credit?

Well..... I know they can, but is it lawful?

Just about to make a deposit and been up front about poor credit but everything else is in order i.e good references etc, just concerned that they're going to take my money and run.

I've asked if they could contact the landlord regarding this and ensure i'm not wasting my time and money, they just said I would have to go through the application process.

Help!!!

thanks

You need to ask for a copy of their terms and conditions relating to rental contracts, it should clearly set out how they operate.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks, will do!

I have worked in this industry in the past and if a tenant was allowed to apply where there was a bit of a grey area, we would clear it up before taking any money and if the Landlord back heeled them afterwards because of this issue, they would've got their money back. I just don't understand the logic (well I do, it's about money) but I don't understand why they'd set tenants up to fail.

Another reason for my concern is that they have another person viewing this property and if they just take my money then promote the landlord taking the other person that's over £400 they've made on application fees. Just want to protect myself as I really want the property, given that it's garden face mine, so no removal fees and there's room for me to griow my business at home, but I cannot afford to throw £220 away, feel in a catch 22 where I could lose both ways!

PS i'm a single mum with 5 kids and money isn't a commodity I enjoy much of!

Thanks