BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2557 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi wondering if any one can help two years ago I set up a debt relief order and included some unpaid council tax in it , for the last year I have been debt free and no worries, yesterday the local council said although I had a debt relief order I still have to pay the debt? I was under the impression that if your circumstances change for the better then yes your still liable but if your in the same position/worse off then all debt is wiped I'm worse off and no other debt is chasing me..

Is there any where on the net that I can quote to the council ect to say I am not liable any help much appreciated

Neil

Hello there.

Any liabiliity you had for council tax before you entered into the debt relief order would be written-off on the 12 month anniversary of you entering in to it. So, to answer your question, so long as you completed the DRO you will NOT be liable for the council tax.

I would consider a formal complaint to the council, and also get the DRO unit to write to the local authority.

I completed the dro any other debt I had that have sent me letters were happy once I passed proof of the dro over to them and have left me alone but council have said they accept I had a dro but have said I still have to pay them

Also is there any where I can find a act that I can say according to act xx I am not liable ect and I'm more than happy to send them a copy of the dro ,

Thank you just last thing I want as works slow I'm a chippy wages gone from 27k in 08 to about 10k so far this year hence the dro and a baby on the way