style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4116 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi wondering if any one can help two years ago I set up a debt relief order and included some unpaid council tax in it , for the last year I have been debt free and no worries, yesterday the local council said although I had a debt relief order I still have to pay the debt? I was under the impression that if your circumstances change for the better then yes your still liable but if your in the same position/worse off then all debt is wiped I'm worse off and no other debt is chasing me..

Is there any where on the net that I can quote to the council ect to say I am not liable any help much appreciated

Neil

Hello there.

Any liabiliity you had for council tax before you entered into the debt relief order would be written-off on the 12 month anniversary of you entering in to it. So, to answer your question, so long as you completed the DRO you will NOT be liable for the council tax.

I would consider a formal complaint to the council, and also get the DRO unit to write to the local authority.

I completed the dro any other debt I had that have sent me letters were happy once I passed proof of the dro over to them and have left me alone but council have said they accept I had a dro but have said I still have to pay them