Basic Question concerning Policies/Procedures [ET question]

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4116 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya All

I have a very Basic Question concerning Policies/Procedures.

If a Employer has acted under various policies and procedures [in a way that targetted/excluded individuals/groups] which turn out not to exist - how would that affect a potential employment tribunal case? How would you explain the non-existance to a Judge?

I am sure there will be some in interesting replies so fire away people.

Cheers

Emmzzi

Employers operated and imposed policies and procedures on individuals - said policies caused persons from being able to gain promotion and helped sanctions to be imposed on various individuals.

It has now come to light te policies/procedures used do not exist.

Cheers

Still too vague. Depends entirely on the nature of the policy. Also they can promote who they like unless discriminating on the basis of a protected characteristic.

I can't help based on theoretical situations. I need what actually happened.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

When you say that the policies don't exist, do you just mean that they are not written down somewhere?

Because as long as a policy is applied consistently/fairly it doesn't have to be in black and white.

mariefab/Emmzzi

It is both of those things - they say they were acting under "established policies", which do not exist. And these policies were not appllied consistenty or fairly - considering the size of the organization they would have had to have been written down and their impact assessed. None of that happened here. No union agreement either.

Cheers

I think you had best talk to a union rep or solicitoras clearly you are unable to tell us what happened on a public forum.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!