• Tweets

• god don't waste money on gyms nor court. please stop being conned by terms in a contract that is neither legally enforceable nor cast in any type of contract law stone.   quite the opposite..gyms have not done court since their miserable attempt to enforce them since 2012, when a judge ruled they were not entitled to any remaining contractual payments until end of contract.   dear sir  with regard to my membership number xxx of gym xxxx at (location)   i hereby demand you cancel my contract forthwith.   i shall not be entering into any further communications upon the matter by whatever method.   thank you for you time    
    • this was the last communication I've had from Packlink on 8/04/2021:   Dear, After completing the investigation with the carrier the shipment has been confirmed as lost. I am writing to let you know that the dossier has been transferred to the Claims department for the final evaluation. · PACKLINK ORDER: xxxxxx · SHIPPING LABEL: xxxxxxxxxx · CARRIER NAME: hermes_uk · CLAIM TYPE: Loss · CLAIM STATUS: Investigation complete/Transferred to claims department What happens now, when I will receive the compensation? The Claim Department will now analyse the documents and evidence provided and give you an answer as soon as possible. From this communication we aim to settle to your claim within 30 days. In Packlink we do everything we can to resolve all the claims with the insurance company and/or the carrier as quickly as possible. However, keep in mind we need to contact the carrier to verify the liability for the incident, and to report the outcome and/or respective liquidation of the case.     the last communication I had from from Hermes 7/04/2021: Reference: xxxx Parcel ID: xxxxxx Subject: Hermes email enquiry   You recently requested assistance through our online support pages. Below is a summary of your request and our response.   To access your question from our support site, click here     Response By E-mail (Angela Olroyd) (07/04/2021 11.17 AM) Dear $contacts.name.first $contacts.name.last,      Thank you for advising us that your Packlink parcel $incidents.c$parcel_id has not been received by G Hughes. I apologise for the delay in my response to you.     I am so sorry that you were not provided with the information that you require to make a claim.     I’m truly sorry this situation has occurred, and I want to support you by advising you of the speediest course of action to resolve it.      Please contact Packlink to submit a claim, letting them know your parcel was confirmed as lost in Hermes’ network. You can do this by clicking here https://support.packlink.com/Claims       I can assure you this is not the norm as we usually deliver over 1 million parcels successfully, every day.       If your recipients won’t be home to take delivery of your parcels in the future, they can choose a preferred neighbour or safe place to leave your parcel here https://new.myhermes.co.uk/track.html. That way, we can make sure it gets to them, even if they're not home.   If you need anything in the future, please contact your Hermes Customer Service Team and we’ll be happy to help.      Kind regards,       Angela / Ext 2346  Hermes Customer Services            Am I right to wait for Packlink to confirm the value for compensation before I send Hermes the Letter of claims? or should I go ahead and issue it right away now?     Thank you for the updated particulars of claim I have saved it in the money claims site ready to go on day 15 once letter of claims has been issued
    • Hi thanks dx.   I have amended and my updated version is below.   Defence   1. I the Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.   2. It is admitted that I have had a supply and service agreement with Co-operative Energy in the past. During the period, Co-operative Energy actively blocked me from changing to a cheaper tariff or switching provider as there was an outstanding balance on the account.   3.Throughout this period Co-operative Energy only ever served estimated bills which were grossly over estimated with values unrelated to actual use. This is shown in the one copy of a bill (the final bill) that the claimant has been able to provide. There was and still remains an unresolved dispute with Co-operative Energy which was never resolved prior to the assignment of the alleged debt. Furthermore, the claimant has given no details as to the full breakdown of their claim and what dates it relates to, so I am unable to defend specifically until the claimant can particularise and quantify its pleadings.   4. Pursuant to OFGEM code of back billing rules the alleged charges are now over 12 months old and relate to charges which have not been billed correctly by Co-operative Energy and are therefore prevented from charging.   5. The claimant does not have access to the agreement nor was the Assignor required to retain a copy. Therefore their claim is unsubstantiated.   Pursuant to the civil procedure rules Practice Direction 16 (7.3) Where a claim is based upon a written agreement.   1) a copy of the contract or documents constituting the agreement,  the original(s) should be available at the hearing along with a complete breakdown of how the charges accrued by date and amount.   With the court’s permission the Claimant is put to strict proof to: -   a) show and disclose how the Defendant has entered into an agreement. b) show and disclose how the Claimant has reached the amount claimed. c) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim.   6. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5 (4) it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.   7. It is therefore denied that the defendant is indebted to the claimant as alleged or at all.
    • Thank you I shall give this a go.  If I had the money I'd take it to court just to prove a point in what they are doing is completely wrong. It feels like I'm being held to ransome! 
    • then simply write (by royal mail 2nd class only - not ever email..get free proof of posting from any PO counter) and cancel your membership from todays date.   generally speaking with most gyms you should give 1 month notice before then cancelling your payment method to allow the one membership payment to be taken   however in your case, the 'free' period regarding payment covers that time so cancel your DD too.   Roko are much like David Lloyd gyms, they insist, as they elude too in their schedule in your 1st post, to it being 3mts notice, it is NOT       
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Ebay Packlink and Hermes - destroyed item as it was "damaged". https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/430396-ebay-packlink-and-hermes-destroyed-item-as-it-was-damaged/&do=findComment&comment=5087347
      • 32 replies
    • I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
  • Recommended Topics

• Recommended Topics

Please Help advice needed urgently

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3006 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello i am 24 years old, around 4 year years ago i lost my mother, i subsequently spent the next two to three years going off the rails and getting into debt, i am now stable and working full time as an estimator and going to uni one day a week to attain a degree in engineering.

I have just signed up to experian to view my credit rating and the extent of my debt is as follows.

I want to sort this mess out but dont know which way to start as it is such a mess.

Court information

9000 unsecured loan nationwide which i now have a ccj for

3500 overdraft which i now have a ccj for

Credit agreements

691 credit card stopped receiving letters now

142 Tmobile

3346 natwest

These are the ones that show on my credit report.

i also owe

an unknown amount to payday lenders estimated £1500

2 years council tax, the debt was sent to equita, they sent it back to the council and it is now back with equita

700 water bill

700 gas repaying 5 pound a week off meter

1400 electric repaying off meter

there may be more that i am unaware of

Financial situation

i have a mortgage owing £43000 on a £12500 so around £80000 equity

2000 arrears but a payment plan in place.

the only debt secured on the house is the mortgage.

any advice, no matter how small will be much appreciated.

many thanks

Edited by honeybee13
Not a good idea to publish your name on a public forum.

Ask them for the contracts - thee wont be any as they never sign( only ever witness your signature)

Please explain a witnessed signature it ok imo???

Edited by citizenB

Hello i am 24 years old, around 4 year years ago i lost my mother, i subsequently spent the next two to three years going off the rails and getting into debt, i am now stable and working full time as an estimator and going to uni one day a week to attain a degree in engineering.

I have just signed up to experian to view my credit rating and the extent of my debt is as follows.

I want to sort this mess out but dont know which way to start as it is such a mess.

Court information

9000 unsecured loan nationwide which i now have a ccj for

3500 overdraft which i now have a ccj for

Credit agreements

691 credit card stopped receiving letters now

142 Tmobile

3346 natwest

These are the ones that show on my credit report.

i also owe

an unknown amount to payday lenders estimated £1500

2 years council tax, the debt was sent to equita, they sent it back to the council and it is now back with equita

700 water bill

700 gas repaying 5 pound a week off meter

1400 electric repaying off meter

there may be more that i am unaware of

Financial situation

i have a mortgage owing £43000 on a £12500 so around £80000 equity

2000 arrears but a payment plan in place.

the only debt secured on the house is the mortgage.

any advice, no matter how small will be much appreciated.

many thanks

Daniel O'Donnell

You need to sort out an Income & Expenditure sheet such as the one below.

Your priority debts will be your utilities - Council tax in particular. Then your CCJs.

Did you defend these ?

Ellens Budget Sheet.xls

The other non priority debts are way down the list.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Were you able to secure installment plans for the CCJs ?

When did you receive the CCJs ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D