Equifax "Warning" Problem

bma1445
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4114 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I'm having an issue with Equifax. I have access to their services with my Capital One card - and upon viewing my credit card I get a bit red "WARNING" and my "Credit Accounts" section is red.

However - there's no defaults, no ccjs - no problems at all. On the phone they said everything is in good standing with my accounts, and the warning should not be displayed - however they can't do anything and I'd need to email them. When they replied to my email, they said there's nothing they can do - they cannot tell me what's causing it, they cannot remove/change it, and they cannot tell me how they come to the decision. They told me that the "warning" isn't given to lenders.

However - my problem is - something on my credit report must have triggered their warning - and that something is also going to be given, in it's same status, to lenders. And Equifax don't seem to want to tell me what's causing it, nor are they willing to change it - they're essentially telling me to "ignore" it.

Any ideas what I can do?

Thanks!

This may be a technical problem that ''customer service'' operatives cannot coorrect. however this is of no consequence to prospective lenders.

Check the CIFAS and GAIN records on your files and linked addresses.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I gave in and bought their credit score since they wouldn't help me further (I'm asking them to refund it since they lied).

The credit "score" is very low, and it says the reason behind this is because I'm 3 months in arrears on one account - which I'm not. Everything is up to date - except my T-Mobile account which I cancelled back in october - it's not marked as settled, and has been marked as inactive instead. For some reason, they are interpreting that as an arrear.

Why they wouldn't tell me this via e-mail I don't know, they've been the worst company I've dealt with in some time!

Let's get this into perspective the credit references agencies publish data provided by creditors, debt collection agencies and others, if there are late payments and arrears on an account this will reported, I will give you a simple example 1 day late on a payment on a Barclaycard account and a late payment marker will be placed.

I would be careful about accusing a company of telling lies on an open forum.

Check Experian for the data on there,

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Well they told me that there were no problems on my credit report and that it was a technical glitch. When I ordered my credit score, it told me that the account was 3 months in arrears, and gave me a very low score because of this. I believe that's classed as a lie. Truth != defamation.

The T-Mobile account in question was closed, in good standing (they actually owed me money and sent me a cheque on closing the account), back in October. This is shown as an inactive account in my credit file, which Equifax are incorrectly reporting as being in arrears (how can a closed account be in arrears?).

Equifax have the same information, they are showing it as being inactive instead of settled, but they (correctly) don't class this as being in arrears. So in effect equifax are saying that because T-Mobile haven't reported any activity in the account in the past 3 months, I must be in arrears. I've never missed any payments on any credit account.

You have solve this for your self then you must complain to the Data Controller at T Mobile they must update the entry, the CRA cannot.

Mobile phone accounts are not credit accounts they are service contracts so entirely different.

You could perhaps contact the Information Commissioner to see how you can get this information. I imagine a Subject Access Request to the Credit reference agencies might help.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D