LTSB PPI on old accounts 1989 onwards

big fish
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4023 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

After going into my local LTSB branch and requesting old account history I was supplied with a print out detailing five loans (all closed) that indicated insurance was included.

I sent a SAR and now have loan amounts and terms but no details of PPI.

The enclosed letter stated that LTSB are not the data controllers for this information and that this had to come from LTSB Insurance Services.

Where do I go from here?

Is this just a fob off?

Can you SAR LTSB insurance?

LTSB Insurance is based in Newport,

I rang but got nowhere when asking for SAR dept.

Big Fish

Edited by big fish
Grammar

I will flag your query for PPI guys :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Cheers citizenB

Would also like to know if anyone has details of what percentage of LTSB (or TSB as it was then) loan amounts was PPI premium or did it differ with time? I feel they were all probably front loaded.

Big Fish

all loans are front loaded

you need to sar lloyds

you get the info from the sar

ive seen several.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx

I have SAR which just gives screen prints for loans (a page each) gives account no, loan amount, start+ finnish dates.

Also accouint description - Fixed rate personal loan PBS with Ins 5.0 - 9.9Kand purpose car loan etc.

They stated at the bottom of the SAR letter that no PPI info included as they are not the data controllers for this info. Then directed me to LTSB Insurance services for the info.They also state that original agreements are not available due to passage of time. Is this a new wriggling tactic? Where do I go from here? Is this a failed SAR?

Big Fish

has the 40 days expired?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx

No the forty days has not expired but I do not expect more info. Spoke to SAR team and they reiterated there position no more info on PPI. Loans were for £6000, £8500, £3000 and £6000. Any ideas on percentage that would have been PPI or may be it was added on top of these figures... front loaded I think it was.

Big Fish

yea they would have been front loaded

IMHO an SAR should cover ALL devisions of a companies data system

not sep sar's

give brig a shout BF

dx

and they

Hi, BF looking in as requested.

DX is correct in that a SAR should cover all LTSB group companies I seem to recall that the ''insurance group'' was a seperate trading entity.

I can draft a letter for you challenging the apparent non compliance but my gut feeling is that it would be quicker to send a SAR to the insurance groups data controller.

Please let me know what you want to do.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I can possibly find out on Monday if that's ok?

Cheers Brig thats fine. When I spoke to LTSB loans they suggested some of the accounts were Chartered Trust (now Black Horse) is there any way of telling? In the SAR info all account numbers end in C

BF

Send SAR as advised below.

DSAR to LLoyds Insurance then quoting the accounts numbers specifically

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Phone call today from ltsb asking what was remembered from meetings at inception of loans. Also wanted to know terms of sick pay, redudancy and accidental death from old employers. Please advise on whether I should give info over the phone.

BF

Can anyone help with any rough calcs on my LTSB loans below, any rough idea on the amount of redress I can expect?

Loan 1

£6000 – Term 60 months

Fixed Rate P/Loan + Front Loaded PPI (figure not known) 30/10/1989 -03/07/1998

Loan 2

£8300 – Term 60 months

TSB PBS P/Loan + Front Loaded PPI (figure not known) 30/06/1998 -11/03/2002

Loan 3

£3000 – Term 60 months

TSB PBS P/Loan + Front Loaded PPI (figure not known) 20/10/1998 -08/01/1999

Loan 4

£6000 – Term 60 months

TSB PBS P/Loan + Front Loaded PPI (figure not known) 06/01/1999 -11/03/2002

Loan 5

LTSB CCD Refinance Loan 06/03/2002 – 13/03/2007 . This was a consolidation of two of loan 4 and loan 2 which both already had PPI applied.

£12200 + Front Loaded PPI £2190.02

Cheers Big Fish

Phone call today from ltsb asking what was remembered from meetings at inception of loans. Also wanted to know terms of sick pay, redudancy and accidental death from old employers. Please advise on whether I should give info over the phone.

BF

If it were me I would only deal with this in writing.

Can anyone help with any rough calcs on my LTSB loans below, any rough idea on the amount of redress I can expect?

Loan 1

£6000 – Term 60 months

Fixed Rate P/Loan + Front Loaded PPI (figure not known) 30/10/1989 -03/07/1998

Loan 2

£8300 – Term 60 months

TSB PBS P/Loan + Front Loaded PPI (figure not known) 30/06/1998 -11/03/2002

Loan 3

£3000 – Term 60 months

TSB PBS P/Loan + Front Loaded PPI (figure not known) 20/10/1998 -08/01/1999

Loan 4

£6000 – Term 60 months

TSB PBS P/Loan + Front Loaded PPI (figure not known) 06/01/1999 -11/03/2002

Loan 5

LTSB CCD Refinance Loan 06/03/2002 – 13/03/2007 . This was a consolidation of two of loan 4 and loan 2 which both already had PPI applied.

Cheers Big Fish

You have no figures for the PPI on any of the loans apart from the last one?

That is an impossible ask I'm afraid.

You need more information.

blimey whos thatghost onhere.......

dx

and they

Cheers ims have sent SAR to LTSB insurance and following as e-mail

I note LTSB took the trouble to make a telephone call today requesting information. I would like to draw your attention to the fact that my email of yesterday remains unacknowledged, as have many others. In order to determine a fair outcome to my complaint, communications and sharing of information are paramount. It appears that LTSB are quite happy to contact customers by telephone requesting information, but clearly do not reciprocate this service. In view of this discrepancy I respectfully ask that all further requests for information are made in writing. I am more than willing to complete a FOS questionaire detailing reasons for your addition and miselling of PPI on my loans.

Furthermore I request that your investigation into the missold PPI does not involve any speculation as to what should occur during the sell process. Transcripts /recordings of the actual meetings/calls would be most helpful. I feel the question of suitability in regard to these policies was unfortunately predjuduced by the LTSB representatives incentive for finnancial gain through sales. As previously mentioned the resourses that I could draw upon in the event of sickness/ unemployment would far outweigh the need/benefit of a PPI policy. Thus deeming it wholly unsuitable for my requirements at the time.

A SAR request has today been posted to LTSB Insurance First Class & Signed For with proof of ID and a cheque for £10, the accepted fee for a SAR request. LTSB lost the cheque with my original SAR, I shall not comment... in their favour I was told there would be no subsequent charge.

I trust a reply may be received to this email detailing each aspect of the points raised in good time.

BF

What about calc on last loan?

Downloaded calculator but I'm stuck, not my thing calculations

BF

But all of the previous loans affect the latest one because you would have had PPI rolled from one to the other.

You will need to know the amounts of PPI on each loan, the record of repayments and details of any rebates that may have been received when each loan was settled.

• 1 month later...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41909[/ATTACH]

Letter received yesterday. Private info removed. Loans identified on letter as 1 to 5 now following removal of account numbers. I feel there are some discrepancies & shortfalls so request some help to clarify these. They state PPI premiums that are lower than those given in SAR’s from LTSB & LTSB Insurance Services. Is this due to adjustments when refinnanced?

No offer on oldest account?

Average compensation on Loan 2, are they hiding something?

Loan 1

£6000 – Term 60 months

Fixed Rate P/Loan + Front Loaded PPI (premium not known) 30/10/1989 -03/07/1998

Note: 30/06/98 £5758.75 repaid from my current account. This loan appears to have had duration of 9 years!

DEFENDED - No offer of redress see defence in attached letter. It appears the same defence for all agreements, reasons mention polices not policy, and I feel this is latest standard reply. However, four of the five loans have offers of redress.

Loan 2

£8300 – Term 60 months

TSB PBS P/Loan + Front Loaded PPI (premium not known) 30/06/1998 -11/03/2002

Note: It looks like Loan 2 and Loan 4 were consolidated into Loan 5. The following info was written at the bottom of the account info onSAR: 07/03/2002 Nil / PLRP refund to loan by CCU/ WF.

Does the above note refer to a refund of PPI premiums when loan was consolidated? LTSB state loan is old, June 1998, and no information retained, however information is available for Loan 3 from October 1998 (3 months later!) Commencement and finish dates available as proof from SAR also note above pertaining to refinance with Loan 4 into Loan 5. I see no reason why the offer is for average compensation.

OFFER - £1200 Average Compensatory Payment

Loan 3

£3000 – Term 60 months

TSB PBS P/Loan + Front Loaded PPI (£631.50) 20/10/1998-08/01/1999

Note: The following info was written at the bottom of the account info on SAR: 06/01/99 £3571.77 repaid by new P In 0318813 – Auth cust.

0318813 was Loan 4, looks like it payed off Loan 3? SAR indicates PPI premium of £631.50 but refund + interest is only £29.72!

OFFER - Refund of premiums & interest attracted by these = £29.72

Additional interest at 8% calculated up until 20th March 2013 = £33.98

Total = £63.70

Loan 4

£6000 – Term 60 months

TSB PBS P/Loan + Front Loaded PPI (£1288.29) 06/01/1999-11/03/2002

Note: The following info was written at the bottom of the account info on SAR: 07/03/2002 Nil / PLRP refund to loan by CCU / WF.

It looks like Loan 2 and Loan 4 were consolidated into Loan 5. SAR indicates PPI premium of £1288.29 but refund + interest is only £1093.92!

OFFER - Refund of premiums & interest attracted by these = £1093.92

Early Settlement difference = £839.22

Additional interest at 8% calculated up until 20th March 2013 =£2373.30

Excess Balance = £528.17

Total = £4834.61

Loan 5

LTSB CCD Refinance Loan 06/03/2002 – 13/03/2007.

This was a consolidation of Loan 4 and Loan 2 which both already had PPI applied. LTSB state it was just a refinance of Loan 4, dates/info indicate otherwise.

OFFER - Refund of premiums & interest attracted by these = £1838.72

Early Settlement difference = £481

Additional interest at 8% calculated up until 20th March 2013 = £1302.86

Total = £3622.58

Please advise BF

Edited by citizenB

I have amended the title of the pdf for you - if you use bank names or other words that usually get linked by the forum then it messes with the pdf's :)

BCOBS