How to work out which company is providing my line?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4089 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks-moved into a new place just before Christmas.There was a BT line already in existence and I decided I wanted to go with Tesco Homephone and was promised this would be done after Christmas.When I returned after Christmas hols,sure enough the line was now up and running and had new number.However it wouldn't connect to the Internet,so I contacted Tesco to see what the problem was. And that's where the fun begins.Tesco do not have any trace of me as one of their customers. BT do not have any trace of me as one of their customers. Having checked with the operator,they are showing it as a BT line,but when I'm put through to customer services it will not acknowledge my number as a BT one. Tried operator again,this time it is showing as 'line not in use' and sure enough BT are now saying that although this is one of their lines,it was disconnected in June 2012-not resolving the question of how I could be talking to them on a disconnected line. So I still have no Internet access and nobody can help because apparently nobody owns this line.BT's suggestion was to ring every telephone provider and ask if my number was with them... hmm... Any ideas would be gratefully received-I haven't received any literature or bills from anyone yet-were I so inclined,I could ring up pounds worth of charges and nobody is claiming the money..

Hi folks-moved into a new place just before Christmas.There was a BT line already in existence and I decided I wanted to go with Tesco Homephone and was promised this would be done after Christmas.When I returned after Christmas hols,sure enough the line was now up and running and had new number.However it wouldn't connect to the Internet,so I contacted Tesco to see what the problem was. And that's where the fun begins.Tesco do not have any trace of me as one of their customers. BT do not have any trace of me as one of their customers. Having checked with the operator,they are showing it as a BT line,but when I'm put through to customer services it will not acknowledge my number as a BT one. Tried operator again,this time it is showing as 'line not in use' and sure enough BT are now saying that although this is one of their lines,it was disconnected in June 2012-not resolving the question of how I could be talking to them on a disconnected line. So I still have no Internet access and nobody can help because apparently nobody owns this line.BT's suggestion was to ring every telephone provider and ask if my number was with them... hmm... Any ideas would be gratefully received-I haven't received any literature or bills from anyone yet-were I so inclined,I could ring up pounds worth of charges and nobody is claiming the money..

Suggest that you report the matter to Ofcom for further investigation.

Try 151 (they can detect faults on your line, so should be able to see the supplier)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar