Rockwell/Arrow Global - Advise Please :)

badenbowen
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4072 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I have had letters from Rockwell chasing an outstanding debt from myself and I am after some advice on where to go next.

Firstly I had a letter from Pace Forward on 21/06/2012 looking for a Mr Bowen regarding an urgent matter, after reading thread on CAG I ignored the letter.

Then I received a letter from Rockwell dated 09/07/2012 that they have been instructed by their client (Arrow Global) to contact me in regards to an outstanding debt of £1402.84. I replied with a prove it letter on 12/07/2012 using a template from CAG, which they replied with on 16/072012 with a thank you and that they were seeking further information from their client.

A further letter was received on 14/08/2012 outlining they matter was still being investigated and they would contact me on receipt of the information being sought, which was:

(1) proof of my liability regarding this debt.

and

(2) payment or written contact from me in the relevant period under Section 5 of the Limitation Act.

So, this morning I have received a letter from Rockwell stating the original lender was Capital One (credit card) and have enclosed the original copy of the agreement and statements and their investigations lead them to believe that the matter relates to me. The original agreement is a one page sheet with Credit Card Account Agreement and signed and dated 26/03/2002, the statements are not original and are just monthly boxes containing:

statement date,

minimum payment due

credit limit,

new balance,

then and payments made in and out

From the statements provided the last payment was made 10/07/2009, I have just done a credit report via Noodle and it does show Arrow Global owning this debt and says it was defaulted 31/05/2008.

Can someone please advise me on what is next :)

Kindest Regards

Baden

Upload the cca as a pdf. Images dont work well on these forums unless they are externally hosted.

Also, reconstituted agreements are considered OK for CCA requests, but they still need to have the correct information contained.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Any charges on this account ?

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I have attached as a PDF hope this helps, I do not know if there are any charges to the account. As stated the last payment according to Rockwell was in July 2009, I do not recall making this payment, my ex- partner may have been keeping up the payments without my knowledge. A long story but I did not have a bank account from 1997 until 2010 so any payments with or without my knowledge would not be in my name, I do not know if this is relevant?

As far as I knew this was SB, but it is showing on my rating on Noodle.

Sending a Subject Access Request to Cap 1 would let you know the score regarding payments made and charges applied to the account, most charges can be re-claimed.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Have you checked your credit reference files yet? If not do so.

Is there a possibility that the debt is statute barred>

When was the last payment or written acknowledgment made.

You will get an indication as to the status of the debt from your credit files.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

The debt is on my credit file and is marked as defaulted as of May 2008, the statements they have sent which are just screen print outs, say the last payment of £5.28 was made July 2009.

I do not recall making this payment or giving authorization, I have no way of checking as the payment would not have been in my name anyway, due to me not having a bank account.

ODD amount £5.28 I would want some proof as to what this and from whence it came.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Didn't arrow used to have a rep like that, similar to link? Where they invented ficticious payments for low amounts over the 2007-2009 era, normally around july-november, hoping it would slip the minds of the debtors?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Rockwell are only working on behalf of the creditor yes? If so, just ignore their silly demands.

Same thing. They arent the owners, so all they can do is stamp their feet. Other people would suggest to send rockwell a letter, however i'm a fan of ignoring them and letting them talk to themselves while you deal with the creditor(s) directly.

remember, Arrow are well known for buying unenforceable debts and doing whatever they can to get money out of people before the debtors realise that they dont have to pay.

Edited by renegadeimp

No just a short letter stating that you cannot comment until you receive the SAR from the OC.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update...

I sent off a request for a true CCA along with the £1 PO to Rockwell, today have received a letter directly from Arrow Global. The letter is asking me to confirm my Address as it differs from the information they have and have returned my PO, they can not therefore process my request under the Data Protection Act 1998. I can confirm by utility bill, etc... or I can phone them and tell them my Address history (muppets)

Now its a pity they were not so diligent regarding the act when they sent me screen print outs of the said account. Now they have my Address, they have send enough letters to it lol.

Any advice on the next stage?

Regards

Baden

Edited by badenbowen