template letter to withdraw payment authority- WONGA??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4108 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just tried to ring the FSA to see if they can back me up by giving me some sort of enquiry reference number that can show Ive contacted them. Theyre closed until onday so Im going to ring them and explain and also complain about Natwest refusing over the telephone.

Doesnt matter if they say they cant, or whatever excuse they want to use to try and avoid the law.

Get that letter into the nearest branch, get it copied and both copies signed, stamped and dated. From the second you get that copy ( The bank cannot refuse to follow your instructions), the bank must comply.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I will get the letter down to the bank but I do fear that the manager or whoever deals with it may simply refuse to sign it....I cant physically make anyone sign something...just like when I said it was the law when I spoke to them over the phone, they still said I was incorrect

....I mean, does the fact I vocalised I wanted to cancel a CPA count as me notifying them even though they ignored what I said and told me they couldnt....is the fact I 'said the words' enough in the eyes of the law, whether they agree with me or not?

I agree with what you say in all respects but when confronted with bank persons who just keep telling me 'computer says no'......you can imagine I would be at a bit of a brick wall.

Hopefully they will just sign it and Ill be off...but it would be so helpful if there was some sort of body who could reperesent people in these sorts of instances.

If they refuse to sign it, then you want them to put it in writing that they have refused. Or you can file a formal complaint with the bank and FSA/FOS/OFT since the bank would be breaking the law.

You could say, " So you refuse to sign this legal instruction? Ok. I would like your name and employee number and written confirmation that you refuse to carry out my instruction. This is so i can contact the OFT/FOS/FSA and your head office to file formal complaints and inform all of them that you are breaking the law."

If you spoke over the phone and said it, then you would need proof you called and told them that. That is why CAG's advice is to get everything in writing. If you have to telephone a company, you must make sure it is fully recorded.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Ahhh that's good to know. At least I'll have something to say I've been in I suppose....thats if they dont refuse to sign that aswell.

I did ask on the phone if the call was recorded and the guy said yes, got his first name aswell.

I know its a lot of ifs and buts me saying they might say no or they might do this, I am sorry if I being a pain.

Thanks for your help renegadeimp :)

If they refuse to sign it. SImply stage a silent protest :) a sit-in of sorts. They wont be able to remove you, as if they call the police, you can inform the police that they are breaking the law as well. Play the banks at their own game, as lately they seem to think the law doesnt apply to them.

And you are far from being a pain. You came here for help and we're giving you as much advice as we can.

If you read http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?336569-How-to-remove-a-lender-s-continuous-payment-authority you acn find all the legal information in post #1

Thanks for the help it really is gold-dust. I just listen to myself writing posts and think I sound like Im just not taking any notice - but I am, I just want to be prepared for what may happen.....

Camping gear is packed ready for silent protest. :lalala: ....can I get squatters rights.......?.......

Watch me get locked up....they'll think Im a bleedin nutta! (though they may not be far wrong).

I will keep you posted of my progress, thanks so much.

Make sur eyou take copies of that legal info just in case.

The bank will probably take your instruction without any annoyance to you, but i understand your mindset with the "what if" scenarios. After all, its better to be prepared for the worst so you can tackle it head on.