style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4108 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Apologies for my first post being a request for advise but have been a lurker for a long time on these forums and have gained some useful information.

However, I have an issue with Jacobs Bailiffs re Council Tax relating to Council tax for 2012/2013 with an outstanding balance of just over £800.

I have not received anything form Jacobs previously, advsing that the council have passed them the debt for collection but received a doorstep call on Monday - luckily we were out and a letter was hand delivered through the door.

I did not do ask the letter asked - for me to ring the bailiff - and instead emailed Jacobs stating my current financial situation and that I would like to make an arrangement but will not allow anyone into my house. I did not receive a reply to my email but again a bailiff called at my house. I did not answer the door but another letter was posted through to say that unless I make an arrangement, they will remove goods from my house.

However, in order to make an arrangement, they will need to gain entry to my house to make a note of goods. I cannot make an arrangement with them unless I let them in. I refuse to let them into my house. Does this mean that they will levy my car instead, which is on the driveway? Not worth much but I assume they will do that with or without my permission.

Any advice appreaciated.

Hi all,

Apologies for my first post being a request for advise but have been a lurker for a long time on these forums and have gained some useful information.

However, I have an issue with Jacobs Bailiffs re Council Tax relating to Council tax for 2012/2013 with an outstanding balance of just over £800.

I have not received anything form Jacobs previously, advsing that the council have passed them the debt for collection but received a doorstep call on Monday - luckily we were out and a letter was hand delivered through the door.

I did not do ask the letter asked - for me to ring the bailiff - and instead emailed Jacobs stating my current financial situation and that I would like to make an arrangement but will not allow anyone into my house. I did not receive a reply to my email but again a bailiff called at my house. I did not answer the door but another letter was posted through to say that unless I make an arrangement, they will remove goods from my house.

However, in order to make an arrangement, they will need to gain entry to my house to make a note of goods. I cannot make an arrangement with them unless I let them in. I refuse to let them into my house. Does this mean that they will levy my car instead, which is on the driveway? Not worth much but I assume they will do that with or without my permission.

Any advice appreaciated.

Hide the car, a good way away, Jacobs are clamp merchants, and will clamp the car, to pile on pressure, you don't have to let them in, keep them out, the list of goods is a levy, and that allows them to charge more fees, and set payments so high you default, them they call again and add more fees, and so it goes on, and on. make an offer to the council at a rate you can afford, and pay something in using their online system (council NOT bailiff) Keep them out and deny them a levy, and the most they can charge is a total of £42.50 for a first and second Visit fee, no levy, and they can charge no more no matter how many times they call. if they gain a levy the fees they will try to charge can seriously hurt your pocket.

Others will be along soon to help further

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

there is no right of entry for the bailiff no locksmith you must keep the bailiffs out

you are right if they cant get into your property they will be after the car keep the car off the drive and away from the property to prevent a levy

Make payments direct to the council online using correct reference number

Keep property secure

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

if you can pay you should be paying the council

direct via your internet banking site

never ever pay a bailiff.

Here is something to be getting on with. First of all establish from the Council how much was owing etc You need to speak to someone at the Council and ask the following questions:

1 - how many Liability Orders they have against you

2 - the dates they were obtained

3 - the addresses they were for

4 - the period of time each covers

5 - how much each one was for

6 - how much is still outstanding

7 - the dates they were passed on for enforcement

8 - the dates & amounts of any payments

Next you need to send off for a breakdown of the charges the Bailiff applied. Here's an example, use and adapt at will and best sent initially by email backed up by a copy in the post.

"From:

My Name

My Address

To:

Acme Bailiff Co

Bailiff House

Ref: Account No: 123456

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account, Can you please provide me with a breakdown of the charges.

This includes:

a - the time & date of any Bailiff action that incurred a Fee.

b - the reason for the fee.

c - the name(s) of the Bailiff(s) that attended on each occasion a Fee was charged.

d - the name(s) of the Court(s) the Bailiff(s) was/were Certificated at.

e - the date of the Certification.

This is not a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. You are obliged to provide this information.

I require this information within 14 days.

Yours faithfully

Ripped off customer"

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Remember if you try and make an arrangement with the Council that the new Council Tax come in at the start of April for 2013-2014. So if you cannot afford to repay the £800 by the end of March [and check with

the Council that the outstanding is £800 ]that your repayments for this year if spread out after April, will not prevent you from having enough to pay the new rates. You do not need bailiffs pestering you for

two lots of CT if you can avoid it.

BTW did the Council tell you that you were behind with the Council tax before you heard from Jacobs?