Binary1

Check your bank statements for fraudulent DD payments

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2468 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

Just a word of warning to check your bank statements as often as possible.

I check mine online weekly, and have had 2 fraudulent direct debits set up from my account without my knowledge. The first was from RETRAK which is an overseas charity, and the second was from Amnesty International. Both were DD's for £8 a month to be sent to them. They were both set up on different dates over a time span of week, this happened this month.

I have never had any dealings with either of the charities that set these transactions up.

I called my bank and told them it was nothing to do with me and they immediately refunded the money back to my account and cancelled the DD's.

I asked them to put these transactions to their fraud department and to follow them up as I am sure I am not the only one who has had this happen to them.

Please check your statements for any transactions that have not been authorised by you.