• Tweets

• Thread moved to    Residential and Commercial lettings/Freehold issues  
    • Hi, apologies for not knowing which forum to post this in, and apologies for the length. Am I within my rights to withhold a percentage of this month's rent in regards to the following issue. In November 2018 a new couple moved into the flat below us and complained about a leak coming from our bathroom. We were asked not to use the shower until they could solve the issue. 10 months later, after a number of visits from various contractors and still unable to shower, we were informed they would be putting in a new bath. I took the day off work to wait for them and nobody showed up so I lost a days wages. They were re booked for Monday 1st October and I arranged for the letting agent to supply them with keys to let themselves in. I received a call later to say they were done for the day, have removed the entire bathroom bar the toilet and have left me a bucket to flush the toilet with as the cistern was removed. When I asked how I was supposed to wash I was told to go to a local gym/leisure centre! Tuesday-the same. Wednesday-the same. Thursday, finally a bath had arrived and new toilet connected. During this week they had used my shower curtain as a sheet to walk on, left two stains on the carpet. Left a thick layer of plaster dust all over the contents of the hall way, unplugged the freezer and not plugged it back in resulting in loss of all contents. Failed to re pressurize the hot water/heating system, and left the new leaking towel rail dripping constantly. It's still leaking today. Where do I stand regarding a discount on the rent? Thank you.
    • We paid to park in Hornby Road carpark, the nearside front wheel was on the white line, not over.  We parked on Sunday 20th October and did not return to the car until today, 23rd October. We have two tickets issued by NE parking for the same offence, issued on the 21st and 22nd respectively. How do we proceed? Can they charge twice for the same offence? Please help thank you. My wife is blaming me.
    • Now on to the next which is tricky .... I stupidly used a claims company who quite clearly don't know what they are doing as they have told me they have sent my Egg PPI request to HBOS and I will be in a backlog but will hear at some point! How do I deal with this as I am out of time and although the claim was submitted prior to the deadline they have sent it to the wrong lender ... I guess telling them to swing for their fee on the Halifax claim is a good starting point as I know given the outcome on the Halifax one which was near on 10k the Egg one is almost double    
    • this is what they have sent in reply to my offer.   Do I send them a letter saying the cca was not compliant so they know I'm aware of it at least ? santander:wescot.pdf
  • Our picks

Redmun

Vodafone Contract in arrears Debt Collects now contacting me!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2462 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I no longer use my Vodafone service as it is terrible in my area. I rang the customer support line as the debit card i was using for payments had been replaced with a new one, so i rang to change the direct debit details. I also inquired about cancelling my contract as i no longer use the service. I was told that i would have to pay the entire outstanding months left of service. Well there is just no point, it would bankrupt me.

They then tried contacting me at an address which wasn't my registered one. This address was a family member whom i was staying with due to work location. At my registered address (my mothers) she has permission to open my mail and inform me of anything important. But as Vodafone 'tracked' me to this temporary address, which i was at for ~3 months, the people i was staying with didn't have permission to open my mail.

When i rang customer services i informed them i would be happy to pay for any outstanding balance and a reduced fee, as i wouldn't be getting the service. But no thats not how they work. The support person informed me that i could delay the payment and 2months would be charged next month, to allow me to get the funds. So i let it be and assumed that the payments would be charged automatically.

I now have debt collectors sending me letters informing me i have £120 outstanding, with a cancellation fee of £319 as well as a fee for the debt collection service. So this is adding up to a large amount that will undoubtedly bankrupt me.

Can anyone help? Or advise?

I am not sure that they can add debt collection charges to the outstanding amount.

You might want to make contact with the CAG Vodafone rep. Follow the instructions in the link below.. post up the reference number you will be given and the CAG rep will contact you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems-**UPDATED-November-2012**&p=3683706&viewfull=1#post3683706

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I am not sure that they can add debt collection charges to the outstanding amount.

You might want to make contact with the CAG Vodafone rep. Follow the instructions in the link below.. post up the reference number you will be given and the CAG rep will contact you.

Thankyou I have now done this just waiting on them to email me back now. 48hr wait.

Please keep us updated with what is happening.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi Redmun,

Thanks for making me aware of your concerns and for following the advice provided by citizenB.

Having checked our emails I can confirm that I've got yours and so please be assured that I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

UPDATE:

Contacted by lee, for updated contact information so he could ring me Monday 21st between 14:00 and 19:30. Still no call. Still at a loss of what to do now.

UPDATE:

After talking to Lee, this is my current situation. If i pay the outstanding balance on the account by the 31st of Jan, Due to my financial situation i can pay 3 months on a reduced payment, until i can find new income, and then go from there.

But i was still informed that the cancellation fee is still all the months that i would miss from date of cancellation, which currently would be around £360ish.

Hi Redmun,

Thanks for returning to your thread following our conversation earlier in the week to confirm that a solution has been reached.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK