Barclayitestrandedabraod

Barclays customer stranded abroad with no support from bank

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2467 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I informed barclays that I would be travelling overseas, gave them the location and duration of stay. I am a barclays customer in uk and abroad in the West indies on holiday. My debit card was stolen at airport in uk before reaching my destination. I have stopped card and new 1 has been sent to my uk address.

After many phone calls to my bank, Barclays has failed to help me in any way financially even though I have been a loyal customer for many years.

1 They refused to transfer money from my account to an account of someone else here so that I can reach funds.

2 They said I could only send money to account in my name over here. (In order to open an account here I would need 2 forms of photo ID a Utility bill, which I dont have and an original letter form my bank explaining that I am a customer, No fax I would have had to have brought it with me or wait for it to be posted over)

3) They can send emergency fund to a bank here (No banks here allow this transaction)

4) Moneygram order. In order to transfer money to someone elses account in UK they informed me that at 3:30am UK time I would need to provide them with another banks credit card or debit card detail in order to pass through security (None of which I have on holiday with me) even though I had already given my name account number, sort code and 2 digits of my pass code as requested.

I am without money here and need help can anyone offer any solutions please.

yours sincerely

Barclay-ite Stranded Abroad

Do you have their CCP cover, to monitor your cards etc ( usually free with most Barclays accounts ), if so they will do a money tranfer via western union, no cost, you just have to pay it back within 28 days.

tel. +44 1904 544 666

Alos can you contact a friend to send money via western union to anywhere in the world, takes a day. ( cost about £25 )

Used both in the past when got stuck aboad.

I think the bank are acting correctly in safeguarding their customers from fraudulent transactions. Unfortunately you are caught in the middle.