Help with robinson way

p4ul
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4116 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey hope you can help with my problem

Originally about 6 years ago i defaulted on a loan from Yorkshire bank (£5k). Ended up having a ccj against me and so came up with a payment plan with the bank which was stuck to.

About 5 years ago this debt was passed on to robinson way and i have continued payments ever since

Recently however Robinson way have been trying/harrasing me into upping the repayments. This came to a point a few moths back when i asked them how much i owed. They came up with a number that i thought was completly wrong so i put in a dispute and asked for acutal written proof ie a copy of the original TSB loan agreement to how much i owed.

After waiting a few months they are now saying they cant get a copy of the original loan agreement.

So its now come to the point where they are basically saying i owe X amount on nothing more than there word. I get a statement with how much ive paid each month to them but in 5 years ive never once had any statement of how much i owe

Not sure where to go here. I was happliy paying it off but their recent bullying and phone calls to get me to up my payments have led me to see if they can keep chasing this debt

Hi,

Did Robinson Way take out the CCJ against you? If not unless their has been a variation in the Court Order, you pay who is named on the CCJ, the amount would have been set at the time for a monthly payment if you filled out the relevent side of your defence.

As to a CCA request, if a CCJ is in place, then the CCJ applies and all other CCA and Terms and Conditions mainly become void.

Does Robinson Way now own the debt or are just collecting on behalf of Yorkshire Bank?

You need to send a Subject Access Request to Yorkshire Bank to find out your state of play, enclose a £10 postal Order and it takes upto 40 calender days to receive everything back, make sure in your SAR request that you also ask for statements.

As to the phone calls, you are under no legal obligation to speak to their chimps on the phone, refuse to go through the data protection questions and just say "in writing only" and hang up.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

i'd check your CRA file ASAP

by law they must send a statement bette than every 6mts

i'd get an SAR off to YB ASAP too.

as advised you should be paying the OC claimant not robbersway.

how did it chance

was the CCJ mentioned?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No the CCJ has never been mentioned by RW. The ccj was brought by yorkshire bank before 1998.

Spoke to robinson way today and they are now saying they bought the debt from another collection company called legal and trade in 1998.

I asked RW for a copy of the original loan agreement a few months ago but they have said they cant get it because Yorkshire bank have no record of this debt anymore.

At no point have i ever got a letter from YB saying they had sold the debt on.

erm..

you should NEVER EVER speak to a DCA on the phone!!

they will say anything to keep you paying.

they are NOT BAILIFFS

and have NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS..

sorry but i think you have been cash cowed here for years

stop payments now.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

erm..

you should NEVER EVER speak to a DCA on the phone!!

they will say anything to keep you paying.

they are NOT BAILIFFS

and have NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS..

sorry but i think you have been cash cowed here for years

stop payments now.

dx

Thats what im thinking. Ive payed them 3500 since 1998.

i only kept paying it because of the original YB ccj.

After taking to RW over the last few months i seem to be paying off a debt that they simple cant prove i owe. As i said in the other posts they have absolutely nothing in writing saying i owe this money, just there claim that they bought the debt

I obviously dont want to just stop paying and messing up my credit rating

it cant come back once its gone.

stop paying them

dx

and they

All default entries are removed from CRA files after 6 years paid or not, no new default can be placed what ever you do.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks.

I was under the impression that seeing as they had bought the debt and i had been paying an agreed amount for the last 14years, that they could put a default on my credit file.

I will send them a letter stating that i dispute the amount owed and that i wont be making any more payments.

If i stop paying can i expect a doorstep visit from one of their collectors?

thanks for the help.

I would simply of kept on paying it if it hadnt been for their greed and constant monthly phone calls trying to get me to up my payments

The ''rules'' are simple , one debt, one default date, that date must not change, one the defaulted entry reaches the 6th anniversary of the default it is removed paid or not, no further default can ever be placed.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

thanks for the help.

I would simply of kept on paying it if it hadnt been for their greed and constant monthly phone calls trying to get me to up my payments

sadly or not

the ones that KNOW they are cash cowing you are usually the ones that shout the loudest!!

LINK are by far the worst.

read this and get angry you've been had:

http://www.homesandproperty.co.uk/property_news/news/millionairedebtcollectordigsdeepinsouthkensington.html

and they