rcb69

Expenses Owed By Former Employer

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2466 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello. I wonder if anybody can help. I have recently had my contract terminated from a senior role within a large company, by a not so nice and bullying boss. I made it clear on several occasions during my emplyment and after I had left the company that I had accrued an amount of expenses which I had not yet had chance to claim. Just one of those things when you're very busy. My expenses have amouted to £639. Since I have left the company i have contacted them asked for expenses to be paid, to which they have requested receipts. A couple of months later I again made contact to tell them that receipts were on their way. The company have now pulled an old induction form from the first day of employement stating that I have agreed to claim all expenses within 1 month of spend, using that as a reason not to pay the monies to me. This money was spent by myself during the course of my normal duties, represeting the company whist travelling the country. Although the induction form is not a legal document, just a signature to say I have received the company policy. In a company of more than 10000 employees, I am sure there are many people who regularly claim their expenses well after a month of first spend. WHAT DO I DO??

I have created a new thread for you - that should generate more responses :-)

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Hi rcb

The only real way you will be able to confirm the companies claim that expenses have a 1 month time limit so to speak is to write (always get proof of posting) and request the following: (Now as you are no longer an employee they may be difficult and refuse to produce these on that basis but still ask)

1. Expenses Policy and Procedure (from your signed induction form date)

2. Expenses Policy and Procedure (Latest Version)

(If they provide these always check the date they were Approved and Importantly the Next Review Date)

Do you actually have any evidence that you discussed on nunerous occasions during your employment the accured expenses. (i.e. email correspondence, letters etc)

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

oh gosh. you didn;t send receipts until at least 2 months after you left? I can see their point - it hasn't really been a priority for you!

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Contractually, if you're obliged to provide receipts within one month and you haven't, you probably don't have a legal basis to now claim them back.

That said, a letter before action threatening court proceedings and enclosing the receipts (make sure you keep copies) might do the trick.

If you want your expenses paid send them in on time, they dont take long and if you dont send them obviously you can manage without them, I think your ex company has a point.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

It will end up as an argument about contractual obligations on both sides. Regardless of what the induction document said, what was the reality of the situation- did people claim for exes well after the date as a common thing? If so, you have a strong argument and likewise, since you are no longer employed you are no longer bound by those terms but the debt still exists. see what they make of that. Is it worth going further? I doubt if your ex employer really wants to spend money fighting a claim for exes that is knows are due so it is down to how much you want to spend in time and trouble chasing it.