how to find charge rates for 2009 and 2010, if meter was emperial or metric

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4115 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received an old bill (Gas and El from 2009 - 2010) which I have difficulties in knowing if it is right.

I don’t know which rates the supplier should charge me as I never received a detailed bill before and this information was hidden for me even though requested more than three times in writing.

The rates charged on the bill consumed 2009 and 2010 are as high as those charged today. So my questions are:

1)Is there a database where tarrifs are stored? The supplier is one of the big six.

I have also difficulties in finding out if my meter was imperial or metric. I moved from the house, and as far as I know the property is extended and new people have moved in. However I have the MRPN.

2)Is there a database for meters where I can find such a information?

I can’t either find my gas start meter reading. I provided it online. However the supplier is sending me estimated start meter reading. It seems they lost it.

I can't remember either who supplied before them as we had them only one month or so.

3)Is there a database where I can check which supplier who was supplying a particular address and meter in particular time (2009 and 2010).

I made all this mistakes because I was new to the country and trusted my supplier completely. Now every thing seems wrong.

I hope there is somebody who want to assist me

thanks

Edited by sanima
to get advice, but also hopefully others will benefit from the advice given to me

sri can you just run overwhat has happened here...

a util co. or a DCA? has sent a demand for an old bill?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx100

The bill was first sent to a debt collection company,

but now i am getting an assistance from a debt adviser.

However he told me that he will not use more time on my case as he has already used enough time on it.

He contacted them several times and they did not react on his letters well,

so I guess they will be sending more demands again.

If it wll be from the debt collection or the company it self - I don't know.

But the information on the bills is very unclear. There is no dates for the energy consumption they are demanding.

The rates seem excessive as they are as those i Pay today to an other supplier and they charge me emperial meter readings.

Further more they don't use the meter readings I have given them 2009,

which I provided online and did not write down.

So I am not able to justify the bills and they don't seem they want.

Edited by sanima

have YOU in the last 12mts received a bill from the ENERY SUPPLIER

demanding the money?

if not, No-one can do ANYTHING to you.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

There are a number of reasons why a utility company cannot back bill more than a year. Unfortunately I do not know if you fall into this category as your first post is a bit confusing. Is this the first ever bill you have had for this period or is it because you have not paid. If the former, they cannot chase you for payment as they should have billed back in 2010!

Hopefully others will back me up on this if I have interpreted your post correctly.

Thanks both of you for the time you have given me. Thanks to dx100uk for providing me the back billing. I have just checked their first bill and it is dated the 19 Oct 2010.

They were providing me electricity from 8th feb 2009 - until 18 Jan 2010 and Gas from Jan/Feb 2009 - 10 April 2009 and then again from 1 April 2010 - 30 June 2010.

Their first bill for the El account is dated 17 Nov 2010. Their first bill for the gas is dated the 17 November 2010.

I suspect they actually send me those bills much later. Unfortunately I can't prove it as I did not make a note the exact date I have received or kept the envelope.

However the gas bill consist of two contracts: the first supply took place Jan/Feb 2009 - 10 April 2009, so there is more than 1 year before they have billed me for that one.

The other supply was from 1st April 2010 - 30 June 2010. I have a meter reading for that one. And even though not taken exactly those dates, there is still a sensible way to calculate that one.

I have the start meter reading and the last meter reading for the EL account, but I am charged standard energy, even though I wrote a letter in August 2009 and requested to be on the online cheap tariffs as I was paying them by Direct Debit. To Surfer01 - I have never recieved a bill at all.

Please also read the whole story. I will try to express my self well.

Edited by sanima

I signed up with them whilst I was living in address "X" 2008. I paid them monthly by direct debit. I wanted to move to address "Y", so I called them and told about it.

They requested not to cancel the DD as I owed them £90 for the final bill (they did not send the bill).

the amount was fair, I accepted it and they deducted the amount.

Everything was fine.

I moved to address "Y" in Dec 2008 and requested them to supply me.

The property was already supplied by two other suppliers (one for gas and for el) and my old supplier took over.

I set up the DD for the new accounts.

I realized that they were not deducting monthly as they should.

I was not suspicious but thought they were just late with it.

In April 2009 I received a gas bill from a company, which I have never spoken to.

They claimed they were supplying me.

I thought they were conning me and refused to deal with them.

The second bill came as they insisted and I called my supplier.

My supplier stated that my gas account was transferred.

They said they have sent me a letter, but that was not true

- I found out later.

I called them several times to transfer me back, but they declined “we can’t do anything about it.”

The new company refused also to transfer me back and was still claiming money for gas.

I understood that I was not liable to them as they could not force me to buy from them,

but this was still distressing for me and for my family.

However at the time I didn’t doubt my supplier’s words, which was still supplying me El and paid by DD.

I believed that they were not able to help me.

Months have passed and I came across a supply condition on Consumer focus’ website

- that if error happens whilst switching both companies are obliged to solve the problem.

This was not switching but still a similar situation.

I was disappointed by them and left them for Npower,

which supplied me El from 19 Jan 2010 until I moved from property "Y" date 30 June 2010.

My old supplier did not contact me long time.

They did not mention outstanding balance on my EL accounts nor my gas account (from Jan/Feb 2009 - 10 April 2009).

In the meantime the new company found out that they could not force me to buy from them and released me from the “contract” date 31st March 2010.

However they insisted to transfer me back to my old supplier.

I requested to be transferred to Npower, so I could receive discounts for duel fuel, but this was also refused and I accepted that.

The old supplier is the one now sending me: excessive charges, estimated gas start meter reading, and imperial gas units.

Sorry if my story is too long, but this is how it went.

Edited by sanima

didn't understand a word of that........

IF whomever is chasing you HAS NOT SENT A BILL FOR THIS AMOUNT IN THE LAST 12mts - they cant now decide you owe it.

so have they?

dx

and they

My next question will be: is there a place where I can check rates for 2009 and 2010? A data base or something similar? Do energy suppliers provide their rates to regulators or other authorities?

My first gas supply was consumed more than 12 months ago and I was not billed for that for the last 12 months. So the answer will be NO.

you might not owe anything so wanting rates is immaterial at present.

can we re-sit this please..........

someone is chasing you for money on a util bill?

who sent the letter?

one step at a time..

dx

and they

I mentioned above that my El bill and the second contract for my Gas, which is from 1st April 2010 and Jun 2010 - I must owe them as they have billed me with in 12 months.

I told you also that the rates are high.

So my question is simple and clear.

If such a databases exist, and you want to tell me, then fine, other wise please don't shout at me.

oh yes you are correct there and there are some worse than other

i do not know of a data base

what concerns me here is the metric conversion factor IF you are imperial.

the bill will be wrong,

i wonder if ofgen are worth getting involved

dx

and they

thanks Dx.The whole situation is distressing. Information is power and when it is not provided to you, it can be difficult to gain it again.

They charged me Imperial, so more units than metric meter.

Somebody told me, that if the meter reading consist 4 digits, it is Imperial. I dont' know if that is true.

I will contact the company and request more info- will be back if I find out more- thanks

and they

I think that you may be liable if I understand your story. To me it seems you were being supplied by company X at your previous address. You them moved to the current address and asked company X to take over the billing at current property. However for this to happen normally takes up to 6 weeks, but in the meantime company Y continue to supply current address. They then send you a bill which you do not pay as you think you should be billed by company X. At this point as they billed you, you will be liable even if they did not chase it up.

At this point I sort of lose the gist of your story. I am not sure whether company Y continued to supply or whether company X took over the supply and billed accordingly?

Surfer01- I can't imagine that my English is so bad that no one understands it.

I actually run a small business and most of the people I deal with give me compliments for my language skills, so I don't know what is happening here.

I made my questions clear, so I can't see where the confusion is. However thanks for your time. I will find out my self.

bye

Edited by sanima