• Tweets

• I subscribe to a company called Audible - they are owned by Amazon and they provide audio books. I work as an HGV driver and so I find listening to a book is great for swallowing up the long distances being travelled on the road.   Quite recently, I bought a book and it is proving to be an eye opener in relation to the subject of weight loss. One of its main topics is to discover why so many of us are 'obese'. In the book the author (who seems to be a respected Doctor and researcher) goes on to say that the human body itself is responsible for gaining weight and it is not because of people with low willpower. It also shines a light on what food companies have been doing over the last 40 or so years which has contributed to the existing obsity problem.   I put it out here because I think it would be a great read or listen for those, who like me want to lose weight and keep it off.   It may be better to obtain the printed copy of the book because there seems to be graphs and pictures which I am not able to view because its an audio book.   The book is called: The Obesity Code Unlocking the Secrets of Weightloss by Dr Jason Fung.   I have not finished the book yet so I have not got to the conclusions bit but I notice by doing an Amazon search that there is also an Obsity Code Cookbook so that will be my next purchase.   I will say that what I have heard from the book so far, it seems very balanced and it looks like common sense mixed in with practical advice which will undoubtedly help a lot of people.   I will let you all make up your own minds about it though.   Regards   Alan
    • I wonder if anyone can help me. I had a loan with a high street bank from about 10 years ago and I had to stop paying because I lost my job. I reduced my payment to a token payment for a few years but I then ceased this some years ago because I took some advice from an online forum which said that I should ask a ‘Subject Access Report’. I did this and I also asked for a copy of the contract with both signatures which highlighted that myself and the bank had a contract and what its terms were. As the loan was made up of an overdraft and a formal loan I thought they would have paperwork. However, eventually the bank responded by saying that they had no contract and they admitted that as such it was not enforceable in court. Over the last year, the bank have again appointed Moorcroft Debt Recovery Limited to use their strongarm tactics. I have not been responding to the last couple of letters asking me to contact them to arrange a payment plan and now their letters are becoming more threatening. Here is the text of their latest letter……. Quote   We are aware that you have failed to agree an affordable repayment plan with us concerning the above account.   As no agreement has been reached we are now in the process of reviewing your account to consider the steps which may be taken in relation to further debt recovery action. The options include recommending one of the following:   ·         1. Continue in our attempts to contact you by letter and phone. ·         2. Instruct a local representative to arrange to call at your home address to try to re-establish contact with you.   To prevent possible further action you must contact us. Failure to contact us by the 22/10/19 will result in one of the aforementioned debt recovery actions being undertaken without further notice.  Unquote As you can see, they are now getting more threatening. I really do not want people knocking at my door – does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do to sort this situation? I do not want to pay for something that seems unenforceable but I do not want knocks at my door either. Any help would be appreciated.   Kind regards    
    • Yes it was a tomlin/consent order I have a recent statement its not showing any additional charges on it. The statement does not show the balance to pay each month, as the contract was terminated in March 17 and the termination bill was added to the account so my payments reduce the account balance £14262.38  Capital £6995.00 Interest £7213.38 Plus 3 x £18 charges  I presume if it went to court again I would be notified?    I thought court costs and charges could increase a balance owing but not be included in arrears or court proceedings when listing the amount owing, or am I wrong?    
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2371 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I am after some advice as i have tried to read threw these posts and every bit of advice i see seems to be to ignore these letters threatening court action and to pay the fine.

I stupidly parked in a disabled bay when i am not disabled. However I had two young children with me 2.9yrs and 9months both of whom were a sleep at the time in the car. The shop i needed to go in was 100 yards from the parent and child bays. Which at the time were full, one of which had a blue badge holder in. Since the large amount of disabled bays were free including several right outside the shop i needed were empty i parked there. I was no longer than 2 minutes from entering to exiting. But enough time for the ticket man to be standing there fixing a ticket to my car and then taking a photo of the said ticket.

I had planned to pay this seeing the pay in 14 days and the charge of £100 is dropped to £60 incentive. However the ticket has now gone missing with it the ticket number so i can no longer pay it online. I have searched for this company UKCPS and found their website and entered my details including my vehicle reg and home address details for them to send me the ticket number.

I believe that they will not send me the ticket reference number in time to pay the reduced amount and may have me over a barrel. Can anyone offer any advice on what to do.

many thanks

The first mistake was to contact them

parking in a disabled space is wrong

Ignore them

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Having read the advice to ignore, what other advice do you require?

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

just remember

ANY road markings in PRIVATE CARPARKS are purely GRAFFITTI

bays as well

they have NO LEGAL STANDING.

and there is no such thing as a disabled driver either..again on Private Land

a badge holder has no more or less rights than you.

ok it's anoying, but on private land - the blue badge has no standing either

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

thanks for the replies. I shall await their first response. Although now they don't have to spend £2.50 getting my details from the DVLA will i be entitled to a discount?

Plus i spoke to trading standards. they thought that some new legislation came in (2010) to stop people ignoring these things. The person i spoke too wasn't well informed as they don't deal with this

thanks for the replies. I shall await their first response. Although now they don't have to spend £2.50 getting my details from the DVLA will i be entitled to a discount?

You want a discount off not paying them anything in the first place? wow you drive a hard bargain!! :lol:

Plus i spoke to trading standards. they thought that some new legislation came in (2010) to stop people ignoring these things.

did it really? I don't think so

The person i spoke too wasn't well informed as they don't deal with this

obviously :)

There are several bodies who have very few employee's who can give useful advice about private parking.

They are; Trading Standards, Police, Judges, Lawyers, DVLA, CAB, and of course, debt collectors, bailiffs, and the parking companies themselves, the last three will simply lie through their eye teeth, of course.

The best advice is to stick with what you get from this site.

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

They're on The Sherrif's are coming today.

Frederickson - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - Lost - Claiming back from post office

Connaught Collections - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - No Agreement - returned to client

Lowell - CCA sent 11/4/07 - No agreement - returned to client

Moorcroft - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - No Agreement - returned to client

Red Castle - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - Copy returned but no T&C's

Robinson Way - CCA Sent 16/5/07

The bailiffs where after UKCPS for over £7,000 owed to a former employee. They called at their premises , got paid half the amount and seized four of their vehicles until they paid the rest. Such sweet vengeance!

I thought it was UKPC on the program? Are they are different mob from UKCPs? :???:

Definitely UKCPS.It's on IPlayer if you want to watch it. 7 minutes in on yesterday's programme.

Yep, You are right. I watched it again and it was UKCPS. Funny how they have such similar company names.

I was looking at the UKCPS website and noticed a new section under the heading COURT.

It lists some victories are these real cases??

www ukcps net

They have won a few, but it's believed that these are default cases , or one where a very weak defence was put forward. Juts lately they have been dropping the cases like hot bricks when somebody has said "see you in court" and has a good defence.

most of these cases were won by default

the defendant knew nothing about the case

as the documents were cleverly sent to old addresses.

or the defendents were disabled [could not defend themselves]

or they were STOOGES [family/friends/relations/ex worker]

they were paid to 'take a hit' to give these these companies 'publicity fodder'

i think if you look on the other mentioned site

it gives a breakdown of each one. and how they did it

there is even an 'exposure' in one of the local newspapers that

found out sev mths later the defendant was an ex employee !

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

They have won a few, but it's believed that these are default cases , or one where a very weak defence was put forward. Juts lately they have been dropping the cases like hot bricks when somebody has said "see you in court" and has a good defence.

Which is why simply ignore may not be the best thing to do.

Ignore until you receive proper court papers, then you become pro-active and put in a strong defence.

Ignore is not good advice. It makes you look bad in the unlikely event of going to court and it leaves you open to a string of harrassing letters from PPC, Debt Collectors and Rogue Solicitors. Follow the POPLA route then when or if that fails, send a cease and desist letter and tell them you want it in court. Take control of the situation, or as much as you can at least.

I think the Ignore route is one of the choices you have, it has worked very well for me. Ignoring the begging letters is very easy to do and takes very little effort.Your way is also a good route to take.

I think it is personal choice.

hello all:-)

hi all ive seen the many threads regarding UKCPS , and myself and partner have the same problem with them.

went to the Odeon in Cardiff on 5/1/13 we seen that there was knowwhere else to park but then we found a space up this side bit there were four other cars parked up there to, its still on the odeon complex so we just put ther car there , we did see some sort of sign but didnt really pay attention to it as we had pre booked tickets and were like 10mins late for the film as it was, plus it was dark, anyway when we returned to the car there was a yellow sealed bag on the window with UKCPS on it with a parking charge notice, the car details and "without a valid permit or authority" box had been ticked.

i came on here seen that it should be ignored which we did , then received a letter asking for payment at a reduced amount of £60 instead of £100, we didnt pay just ignored , then another letter on 9th feb saying" the reduced amount of £60 has not been paid and £100 is now due" , ignorged again now today we have received another letter dated 12 march saying" the charge has not been paid in full and that the amount shown here now due is, this figure includes an increase for debt recovery action and it is too late to pay a lower amount" £120

on our return to the car we noticed aswell that all four of the other cars had the same yellow charge notice on them aswell.

so am i right in saying ignore as usual and dont acknowledge the suposed debt? or do we need to use one of the template letters on here you have provided?

thanks xx

Edited by saraht74

It's too late to appeal, so continue to ignore.

Be advised some PPC's have decided to fire off a few court papers, so if you are one of the few, post back up.

Until then, ignore will work well enough.

ok thankoyu will keep you posted if anything else happens

had another letter today (2nd april) saying if we do not pay £125 now its going straight to court and itll cost us £350 instead , ive ignored again