Cap 1 have refunded to card after court papers issued - is this right?

un1boy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2312 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My mum's cap 1 claim has got to court stage, they wrote to her telling her that they have put it in her account as a goodwill gesture.

We have been asking for a cheque and told them that all refunds in any other form will not be recognised.

Although they given her a full refund on the card, can a cheuque be requested.

Surely a goodwill gesture is not the same as a settlement and this was not accepted.

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

Have you actually filed a claim in court?

Yep. Before we did it they wouldn't refund, then we filed the claim, they defended then said they had put it on the card.

They put it on before even telling her!

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

*Bump*

My charges claims:

Default removals:

This is quite normal with Capital One. . . If your Mum draws the cash out with her card, they will charge 3% for that transaction. If there was a balance owing to Capital One, then any refund could be paid back to bring that balance down. Your Mum could write back to them and insist on a cheque instead.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

This is quite normal with Capital One. . . If your Mum draws the cash out with her card, they will charge 3% for that transaction. Your Mum could write back to them and insist on a cheque instead.

We've done all that, and insisted through each lba and prelim that it's a cheque or it's not acknowledged.

They refunded as a gesture of goodwill, not as full and final settlement.

Would a court say that it has been refunded?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Has all of the money and any interest been paid in full?

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Has all of the money and any interest been paid in full?

Yes, they paid everything, including the court fees.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Not yet willows, it will be now - I can't be bothered with them now.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

What do u mean by nevermind,lol?

I'm glad that you are keeping an eye on my persuits - which thread are you talking about?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Haha, I'm glad I've missed out on that fun - gotta leave some for you!

Well willows mate, anything i can do to help, just ask! :)

My charges claims:

Default removals:

• 7 months later...

Not much KP - to be honest, it wasn't my card and I can't be bothered with having to fight them all the time, so we just withdrew the claim from the court.

May start something again sometime though.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

• 4 years later...

I am trying to help my sister make a claim for her PPI with Capital One but I have read that Cap1 can be very harsh about it.

Can I get some advise?

She thinks she took it out online but it may have been over the phone. She's sent a SAR but they've not responded and are well over their 40 days.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

She must now write to Capones Data Controller, challenging their failure to comply with the SAR.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks Briga - she;s just checked the Royal Mail's tracking ()sent recorded) and it says "the itme is still processing through our network" so it looks like it was never signed for.

I suppose she will have to send it again?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Exactly how long agonwas this sent?

A complaint to RM is needed as well now!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Bginnging of Decmeber - it just gets more confusing. The date on the receipt was 20.11.2012

RM def have no signature for it but the cheque for DPA fee was cashed on 10.012.2012.

She has received no acknowledgement.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

OK this must be challeged as non compliance with a lawful request, the time scale is 40 calendar days from the date the SAR was received.

I've just writtena chase letter to their Data Controller

How do I report it to the ICO - is it an easy process?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Cap1 cough quite nicely.

esp on PPI when you get passed the initial fob off letter.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...