payo86

Housing Benefit overpayment - advice please

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2470 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi im looking for some advice regarding a CT overpayment bill, any help will be very appreciated. I lived with my ex partner and my daughter for 3 years totally aided by a joint JSA/income support claim. I then decided to start college in sept '10 in order to pursue a career, I notified the DWP in person prior to starting college. Unfortunateley me and my ex split and I moved out around 15 months ago, however I am still getting mail at her address claiming I owe them £1700 in a housing benefit overpayment?? This has since been passed onto Rossendales who are now threatening with court/bailiffs etc. I seem to think this is outrageous and although I have left this way too long and agree I should have appealed immediateley I would like to know if still have the option to do so and if anybody thinks I have a leg to stand on?? Thanks again.

You have one month to appeal an overpayment

Do you know how the overpayment happened? Have you contacted the council regarding it?