style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4089 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya, i have checked the forum but can not see the same issues..

We owe Rossendales for non payment of council tax on 3 accounts due to not being able to keep up with the monthly payments with out LA.

I have written letters to rossendales for all 3 cases form templates i have seen. This stated our payment plan and also that we would keep to this and if not agreed by rossendales we would put the money aside until agreed or taken back to the local authority.

We recieved letters back stating that they could not agree to the installments that we asked and that we would have to wait until a bailiff has attended the property with a view to secure the debt.

I have received a letter today from a bailiff through the door... BAILIFF REMOVAL. Magistrates liability order / warrant of execution. Stating that no further arrangements are acceptable and payment is required in full. It does not state the balance or which debt it is for??

We have also been making payments on line at the amounts that we stated in the letter.....but now they have blocked the online payment logon and says contact the bailiff.

Shall i call the bailiff as stating on the letter?

What more can we do to get back to our installments due to myself not being able to receive benefits as my partner earns just over £130 a week.

Any advice is appreciated as we are both panicking now and really want to pay this off but at what we can pay financially.

if you can pay you should be paying the council

direct via your internet banking site

never ever pay a bailiff.

Here is something to be getting on with. First of all establish from the Council how much was owing etc You need to speak to someone at the Council and ask the following questions:

1 - how many Liability Orders they have against you

2 - the dates they were obtained

3 - the addresses they were for

4 - the period of time each covers

5 - how much each one was for

6 - how much is still outstanding

7 - the dates they were passed on for enforcement

8 - the dates & amounts of any payments

Next you need to send off for a breakdown of the charges the Bailiff applied. Here's an example, use and adapt at will and best sent initially by email backed up by a copy in the post.

"From:

My Name

My Address

To:

Acme Bailiff Co

Bailiff House

Ref: Account No: 123456

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account, Can you please provide me with a breakdown of the charges.

This includes:

a - the time & date of any Bailiff action that incurred a Fee.

b - the reason for the fee.

c - the name(s) of the Bailiff(s) that attended on each occasion a Fee was charged.

d - the name(s) of the Court(s) the Bailiff(s) was/were Certificated at.

e - the date of the Certification.

This is not a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. You are obliged to provide this information.

I require this information within 14 days.

Yours faithfully

Ripped off customer"

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Do not let the bailiff in, Write to the Head of Revenues, the council CEO, and elected leader copied to your MP With a Formal Complaint marked clearly as such stating you have been paying but by blocking the online system they are refusing a legally tendered payment, and further you cannot trust their agents Rossendales for whom they are wholly liable to deal fairly with you, as they have refused payments which are affordable to you, and suspect they want to levy merely to garner further fees for themselves then engineer a default on the unaffordable payment and add even more fees, not assist you to pay the debt which you have been paying off directly anyway.

Others will be along soon with more help, in the meantime keep the rossers scrote out, and hide any motors, and ask the council tomorrow first thing

How many liability orders they hold for you

How much was on each one

When were they obtained

How much is left owing on each as you have been paying them off directly

When were they passed to bailiffs for action.

Edited by brassnecked

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

with regards yo tossendales do not let them in to your home deny them a levy if you have a car move it away/hide it to prevent them getting there grubby mitts on it

Dont bother calling the bailiff he will lie to you to force you to pay i will get a locksmith take all your goods and send you to prison all utter rubbish

Dont worry about the letter it is a standard one they may remove goods from outside and detached sheds /outbuildings

All payments should be made direct to the council using correct reference number

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

crossed with yours DX, but Op should get the message

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Do not call the bailiff, I would contact the council showing you have made a sensible and reasonable off to pay the bailiffs that they have refused and you ask the council to take the debt back. I suspect they will probably state they cant (yes they can), then I would pay the council direct using online system, keep records of what you pay and make sure you are using correct account numbers. How much are the liability orders for? how much have you paid? Are there any fees stated yet on the account? If so how much?

Next action DONT let bailiff in he has no right of entry, although he will threaten he can. keep curtains shut now downstairs in case he comes back, they have been known to look through window and do a walking possession.

Dont worry too much they are just trying to up the pressure to collect money (they might be nearing contract renewal time and need to get cash in)

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

Thankyou, shall i call my local authority telling them that my payments have been blocked?

That's a strange one as they should not be able to block payments this way, complain to the council

In my view if you are going to call the Council about payments being blocked by Rossendales I would turn this to your own advantage by telling them instead that the Bailiffs are refusing your payments!

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

First off you do not owe Rossendales any money for the debt, unfortunately now the bailiff has been out you owe £24.50 for the first visit.

As above inform the council that Rossers have refused to take payments.

Start making payments to the council via their on line payment facility.

Let the council know you are doing this. and give them an I & E showing that this is all you can pay.

I have called Borough council who said they can not do anything about it once they have passed the debt over to rossendales.

I said i have been told that they can, but the lady was adament they could not.

I explained that they are refusing our payments and also have put a block on the online payment system that we have been paying.

She said call the bailiff and arrange agreed payments. I also asked for the Chief Executive's name and also the manager of her payment dept.

Do i now call the bailiff to make payment arrangements? There are 3 bills £350, £650, £450 and we can only afford £60 a month in full.....

Or do i call Rossendales who will prob say call they bailiff now as out of their hands???

Please help....

certainly do not call or entertain the bailliff nor rossers.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

so what is the next step DX?

What happens now?

I would now place a complaint with the CEO. I would also contact your MP and councillor ASAP.

Carry on paying the council on line so they see that you are a willing payer.

I tried to pay online, but could not register as had to add the ref number. When i did it said that the account was not found??

I will write to the CEO today and also the manager of the dept + local MP

How do i continue paying off thi bill without calling Rossendales or bailiff if cant pay online with LA, as the bailiff will be back soon.

I know the LA do not take payment over counter anymore....

I have just seen on the back of an old letter that i can set up standing order with bank to pay this bill. I will set this up for all 3 bills and then write to CEO and manager to complain and explain that i have set up standing order and the amounts each month as i feel their agent is not dealing with me fairly.

Is this the only thing i have to do?? Do i just ignore the bailiff now and wait for a reply from the LA?

When you set up the standing order make sure all the ref's are on there or they will go to this years CT.

When you have set this up send conformation to the council that you have done this.

As for the bailiffs, ignore for the time being. dont answer the door, keep any vehicles away from the house.

If they cannot collect on this and you are making regular payments it may well be passed back to the council in time, but it wont be straight away I'm afraid.

But please make some payments to show you are paying, if you can make it more than I would try as this will go in your favour.

dvla check

now if you have the sort/account number and YOUR ctax ref numbers

why is YOUR internet banking sites BACS facility not able to do it [pay bills]

rather than SO?

dx

and they

use YOUR bank account internet banking portal to do it by [pay bills] or alike tab

you should finf your council details already list in their drop down selection list

or type it in your self

use the VARIOUS CTAX account number fron the differing bills for the years

as the REF number attached to the payment

BACS [pay bills] is instant and they CANNOT refuse it.

dx

and they