Tallulabelle

BT dispute over final bill

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2465 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I'm not sure if this comes under 'debt' but dont know where else to post it. Apologies if it should be elsewhere.

Am I correct in thinking that a company (in this case, BT) cannot pass a bill onto a debt collection agency or even threaten to while it is formally in dispute?

I first queried the bill at the beginning of november before it was even sent as they told me what charges to expect in the final bill. I have had 4 very unsuccessful phone calls and sent two letters, only one of which was acknowledged. I was promised 3 times that a manager would ring me back and they never did. Today in the fourth conversation (with the complaints department) they have said they are not budging and I have opted to take it to the ombudsman.

Edited by Tallulabelle

Unless you can record the calls it is pointless speaking to them on the phone as they forget what they say

Keep a paper trail from now on all in writing

good luck

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)