• Tweets

• So here is the information sent to me by FOS in reference to requesting a breakdown and removing BOTH defaults:   “Please see below for a breakdown of the refund for Mr X second account;   Fees £63 Interest £116.58 8% interest 21p minus 4p applicable tax £75 compensation Total £254.75   I've arranged for this to be sent to the bank details provided and the customer should receive the funds by the close of business on the 30th May.  I've also requested for this account to be deleted from the customer's credit file however, this can take 6-8 weeks to update.    Mr X has also asked if we could consider removing the default from his other account. However, as we've previously explained that this has been added correctly and we're unable to remove it as a gesture of goodwill.” I have gone straight back to FOS stating that the interest is completely incorrect - how have they managed to get 21p as 8% interest on the refund before compensation? Am I right in saying 8% is applied to each transaction to be refunded in the following way: Charge x Days Elapsed x 8 / 36500  then total the amounts & deduct tax.  Also the default on the first card is now going to stay on until 2026 - this will be my only negative marker. I did try to get them to change the date of registration as I did originally receive a Default Notice 21st October 2017 as they set up a 6mth Payment plan. (was two months in arrears) However I stated on the 24th October that I did not want a default recorded and asked family to pay the balance off so the default was never actually registered. The actual refund is not my issue it's really the default - this is preventing me going Full-Time (currently a temp) as I'm working with Financial information and the company can not employe me outright due to negative markers. My boss is understanding but I can only remain as a temp (between 10 & 15k wage difference from temp role to perm😔)  
    • I shouldn't imagine they did that. They simply processed the case in the normal way. The people in the ticket office are not "decision makers" in the way you asked them to be. They have a fairly rigid process which they usually stick to. In the case of a transgression in a 30mph limit, their process is:   Under 35mph - No Action 35-42mph - Offer a course. 43-49mph - Offer a Fixed Penalty (£100 and three points) 50mph and above - court action.   What you were asking them to do is to consider a challenge to the evidence they have which verifies the speed. They will normally only do this in the event of a plate mis-read. Other than that, as far as they are concerned, the evidence they have is reliable enough for court action and if you want to challenge its reliability then court is the only place to do so. If your relative had ignored the offer a course a fixed penalty would have been offered (provided there was still time to prosecute in the event of the offer not being taken up). If that offer was ignored then court action would be taken.
    • As they always do. And it is not a fine!! Never was never can be..  
    • No-one here thinks you're pig headed.   You're absolutely right to argue your case in court.  You won't be penalised at all for refusing their offer.  After all, what you really owe is £0.00.   If CEL reckon they have such a strong case, why are they offering to settle for so little?  Hmm ...   So you need to get working on your Witness Statement.    
    • Case now allocated to small claims track and written statements to be sent to the Court and other parties by 4 pm 14th June. Okay....... then I get an offer [Today]  to settle out of Court and just pay the original fine of £85 up until Sunday 29th May. Some may think I am pig headed and I know this offer will favour the claimant in Court but I truly did nothing wrong given the circumstances so have decided to go to Court.  
  • Our picks

Regulate smoking 'like water' call

NewsBot

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3419 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What a very silly article and what a very silly bunch of 'academics'. Using the same system of price control as there is on water will probably double their profits.

This obviously the same type of nutter who is in parliament and is completely out of touch with society.

There is no regulation on the price of water, it continues to rise year after year on hugely inflated amounts above inflation.

Get real and do something useful for a change.