style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4084 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a council tax debt problem and the bailiff has looked over my fence and is threatening to levy on goods stored outside in my sheds.

I have been told that Munroe and Munroe might stop this but I have no idea what this is and I can't find any info on it.

Would you guys have a judgement of this anywhere please or could you point me in the right direction I am at my wits end here.

well what ever he levies your have to sign for anyhow

and i doubt it will equal the debt + his fees.

tell us the full story please

and do the following:

if you can pay you should be paying the council

direct via your internet banking site

never ever pay a bailiff.

Here is something to be getting on with. First of all establish from the Council how much was owing etc You need to speak to someone at the Council and ask the following questions:

1 - how many Liability Orders they have against you

2 - the dates they were obtained

3 - the addresses they were for

4 - the period of time each covers

5 - how much each one was for

6 - how much is still outstanding

7 - the dates they were passed on for enforcement

8 - the dates & amounts of any payments

Next you need to send off for a breakdown of the charges the Bailiff applied. Here's an example, use and adapt at will and best sent initially by email backed up by a copy in the post.

"From:

My Name

My Address

To:

Acme Bailiff Co

Bailiff House

Ref: Account No: 123456

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account, Can you please provide me with a breakdown of the charges.

This includes:

a - the time & date of any Bailiff action that incurred a Fee.

b - the reason for the fee.

c - the name(s) of the Bailiff(s) that attended on each occasion a Fee was charged.

d - the name(s) of the Court(s) the Bailiff(s) was/were Certificated at.

e - the date of the Certification.

This is not a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. You are obliged to provide this information.

I require this information within 14 days.

Yours faithfully

Ripped off customer"

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Follow DX's advice send the letter to the bailiffs and ask those questions of the council, are the sheds normal garden sheds, or attached to the house? What bailiff company is this please?

The munroe & munroe, is cited on some bailiff advice pages as being a protection against forced entry to outbuildings within the perimiter of a property regarding distress for Council Tax:

A Debtors home and all buildings within the boundary of the premises are protected against forced entry (Munroe & Munroe v Woodspring District Council [1979]

Not sure if this case is followed or whether a bailiff would acknowledge this before he broke into a wooden shed he claimed after the forced entry, that he believed contained a couple of premium carbon fibre cycles worth a couple of thousand each , and a ride on mower he could levy and remove in his poxy Berlingo. Then to his horror he found nothing of value beyond childrens toys (exempt) and a sandpit.

In reality if there is anything of value in a garden shed, you should store it in the house if possible

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

It would help if you were able to provide the following:

According to the council...what is the amount of the Liability Order.

What are the goods that are stored outside of the shed? For instance...they may be a broken landmower and a dozen plastic plant pots or could even be a motor bike!!!

Who told you about Munroe & Munroe? (solicitor...friend... etc)

I think the goods are inside a shed and the OP has had the case referred to them as a protection against bailiff breaking ino the shed

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Thank you so, so much for getting back to me and apologies for not replying sooner!

I have sent the letter dx kindly supplied, but I've spoken to the council and a lady there told me I owe £360 in council tax, but the bailiff is claiming I owe £680!! Where the hell does this figure come from? I know we probably do owe some since my boyfriend has been out of work for a while.

We have some sheds plus some outhouse type things that are attached to the house - does this make a difference? My boyfriend keeps his motorbikes in there - one he rides and some he is working on for friends that are in bits. If he can fix them, we can pay something off the council tax we owe, but not if they take them!

TT, it was my boyfriends mate who suggested using Munroe & Munroe, he's a bit of a wannabe solicitor and he said this would be easy, but it so isn't!

Thank you so much for you help so far, you guys are brilliant!!

just pay the council

if the bailiffs wants the fees [poss 18+24.50 for 2? visits]

he can ask the council

who's the fleecing bailiff company?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Presuming you live with your boyfriend, this is worth bearing in mind.

Exactly. if your BF lives with you and is on benefits he could well come into the vulnerable category under the National Standards, if on benefits, do that renders the WHOLE Household vulnerable no matter what the bailiff claims.: quoted below from the National Standards for Enforcement Agencies:

Vulnerable situations

 Enforcement agents/agencies and creditors must recognise that

they each have a role in ensuring that the vulnerable and socially

excluded are protected and that the recovery process includes

procedures agreed between the agent/agency and creditor about

how such situations should be dealt with.

 Those who might be potentially vulnerable include:

 unemployed people

Apologies btw, one and all, if the posts I'm making are a little vague. I've been out of this forum for a long time and am just trying to ease myself back in. Although I have remained active on the Benefits forum.

Apologies btw, one and all, if the posts I'm making are a little vague. I've been out of this forum for a long time and am just trying to ease myself back in. Although I have remained active on the Benefits forum.

Welcome back Rae, great to see you, I try to pick up on vulnerability, but you tend to be able to zoom in on specifics and target the advice. Bet you are busy on benefits with ATOS, who were lambasted in Parliament for telling an incontinent lady to return to work as she was fit to work if she wore a nappy.

well me and bh need help we're useless..:violin:

and they