FEBREZE Fabric Freshner STINKS!

spanglesooty
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4111 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can someone help with a SMELLY problem... :-x

I used FABREZE fabric freshener on my sofa for the first time and the SMELL from it is awful! It's so strong even after two months!

I'm wondering if I've sprayed too much on and maybe it has had a chemical reaction to the foam in the upholstery ?

Has anyone experienced this problem ?

The smell is so strong that it hits you when you walk into my house and when I pick a cushion up to smell it, the smell makes my eyes water!

I have unzipped the cushions to allow the air to circulate, but the smell is very 'chemically' and VERY strong. In fact, I would describe the smell as FUMES not a smell, which catch my breath.

I now need something to get rid of the smell of the Febreze!

Any advice would be appreciated as it is a new sofa, which I spilt milk on and wanted to eliminate the smell from the milk after I cleaned it up. If I cannot get rid of the smell, I will need to buy a new sofa, that's how strong it is!

Thanks you

spanglesooty

Edited by spanglesooty

can you wash the cusion?

if so use bicarb or simple soda xtals.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The Febreze has got into the foam. You need to take the covers off and give the foam cushion an airing.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The Febreze has got into the foam. You need to take the covers off and give the foam cushion an airing.

Yes, I think you're right, I think it has got into the actual foam of the upholstery in the body of the suite. It is a Sanderson fabric sofa with 2 x matching chairs & a foot stool. I also have matching curtains, so it's going to be costly mistake if I can't get rid of this smell. I'm wondering if the Febreze has had some kind of chemical reaction with the foam. If so, Proctor & Gamble need to be aware of this problem.

I have unzipped & aired the seat cushions for the last 7-8 weeks, but it's still a very strong smell. I think the Febreze has got into the foam of the actual body of the sofa & chairs too, not just the seat covers, so unless I take the entire suite to pieces, there's not way of getting at the foam to air it. But after nearly two months of airing the seat cushions, it's not made any difference - it still reeks! So the only way would be to have all the foam replaced ! Otherwise, I'll be into a few thousand ponds to replace the suite & matching curtains.

I just wondered if anyone else has experienced similar problems

Spanglesooty

can you wash the cusion?

if so use bicarb or simple soda xtals.

dx

I tried washing the matching scatter cushions, but as you can see from my reply to unclebulgaria67, the Febreze has got into the body of the suite.

Thanks to both of your for your suggestions & help.

Spanglesooty

how about one of those carpet washers that dump cleaner then suck it out

ours has a hose attachment etc

got one of my sofa covered in terps one time

worked a treat.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I don't know if it will work for you but something I used was Zeflora. Just a very small amount on a cloth hung up and not touching the fabric. I used it a car to cover up the smell and used it very, very diluted to clean the covers. It worked overnight on a pungent smell that I didn't think I'd ever get rid off. You only need a droplet as it is strong smelling.