• Tweets

• If the legendary dx could offer his wisdom it would be greatly appreciated 
    • Hi there Manager for our soccer sixes team moved overseas mid season and we struggled for numbers so we told the ref about 5 weeks prior to seasons end that we would see out these games then be done and he told us he’d ’pass the message on to the relevant people’. Heard nothing, then 3 days prior to the new season beginning we were given our fixture for that weekend. Told the guy over text we had pulled out and the ref should’ve passed a message on but we were told sufficient notice wasn’t given and it needed to be in writing. I argued it’s not our fault the ref didn’t do as he said but we were countered by the T&Cs.    now being chased for what was £608 kindly reduced to £476 to pay off remainder of the season. Been sent a letter in the post from their accountancy team and told needs to be paid by Friday.   seen a lot of the other threads saying we can literally just ignore everything but im concerned about debt collections and credit score being harmed. Can anyone confirm if this all works/what we should do?   thanks
    • Hi,   I have given an official police witness statement for the prosecution in an upcoming criminal court case, and I am very anxious about what might happen.  Specifically regarding being cross-examined.  My statement is very short, and only a couple of paragraphs long, regarding a conversation I had with one of the victims.  I have tried to research online about what information about me the defence barrister might be able to find and use to discredit me.  I have by no means have a shady past but, I am concerned about what private information might be brought up, and as this is a case that will be in the national press as it is in the public interest.  The two preliminary hearings were reported in the papers.   I have tried to research  online what information the opposition can seek, but it is all very complicated.  I believe that they can legally access public records, but I'm not sure what information public records hold.  Can they access my medical records, educational history, HMRC, and Department for Work and Pensions? (I am a self employed sole trader).  I was arrested once, and this was unfortunately instigated by the victim in this case, so could well be of interest to them.  It resulted in no further action, however I have only discovered this week that that, in fact, this means I have a criminal record, and will be so until I am 100 (no chance)! This has really annoyed me to say the least, especially since I asked him afterwards why he rang the police and he said 'for a laugh'.  So I have started to look into applying for it to be deleted, but again, if anyone has any advice on this I would be appreciative. At the moment, my name isn't on the confirmed list to give evidence, but the detective I have been dealing with has said it is 'likely'. The names of the victims in this case will not be allowed to be reported, are witnesses fair game for the press? I really need no know how deep they can delve in to my life so I am prepared if my character gets assassinated in front of the nation. I really wish I'd never agreed to this.   Many thanks
    • A belated thanks dx. Yes I may take your advice regarding StepChange. I am finding that I am telling them (on behalf of my Son) the true balances outstanding? They never seem to check properly in which worries me. If I was to take on myself is there another way of dealing with various debts? I have already submitted other IRL complaints on his behalf. Today I have received a further response from Quidie T/A Fernovo confirming that they will waiver all interest paid.
    • Good evening  Case hearing this Friday 26/04. looking to have all my prep/papers ready.    just checking in to get update on my last post , ( the t&c’s attached). No name or address on them as per #49   thank you UCM  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Nationwide refusal and Ombudsman agreed?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4052 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I could do with some advice

My sister engaged a firm called ****** (much to my dismay) to reclaim her PPI from the Nationwide

on the grounds that she did not ask for it as

she was employed by the NHS at the time (6months full pay in the event of sickness),

nor did she realise she had it and when she did,what it was for.

To cut a long story short the Nationwide refused the complaint and it went to the ombudsman who consequently sided with the Nationwide.

Can she try again or is it final once the Ombudsman has been involved?

I also feel she was misrepresented the CMC who wanted a quick outcome and payment,they didn't even fight an appeal.

Any suggestions from you good people will be welcome

Thanks for looking

saranev

:mad2::mad2:

Edited by dx100uk
better we dont advertise fleecing CMC.s - dx

Saranev

Don't let them get away with it :mad2:

On what grounds did both NationWide and the Ombudsman reject the claim - you do not have to accept the first decision by the adjudicator and if you can ask for your claim to be escalated to the Ombudsman proper.

As most NHS employees would not have required hte product, I am quite surprised the adjudicator has sided with the Bank.

Can you let us know exactly what you wrote to the FOS and their response !

If you want to post up the letter, suitably redacted of personal information - follow the isntructions below.

Dx100 – Instructions on uploading pdfs

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

as a picture file

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint

but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

or ir you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

the hit reply button

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Just because she's been to FOS, it doesn't mean she can't take NW to court.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Just because she's been to FOS, it doesn't mean she can't take NW to court.

This is true :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Another of these companies that have jumped on a cash cow. This proves these companies are not needed to make a claim as they do nothing you can't do yourself.

Has she been billed by them for a fee ?

No

i think it was no win no fee.

But i'm concerned that if i take this on for her and win 'they' will want a percentage???

I'm trying to help her get back on her financial feet after losing her job through a back injury.

I will try to upload the document tomorrow as i have just come in from work and my head is mashed.

Thank you all for your very prompt support

Saranev

Have you got a copy of the CMC's terms and conditions ?

BCOBS

Do you have Microsoft Paint ?

If not, do you have the facility to photocopy the document first, you could then edit out on the copy. Obviously you need to leave the original intact.

BCOBS

Here is the document,its the best I could do.

I have included the final response from the company that was supposed to be helping her........note the dates.

There are a few points that jump out at me but see what you think.

Also my sister went on the sick for a considerable amount of time and was ultimately terminated from her contract yet she never made a claim from the PPI.

Edited by citizenB

Saranev

TBH, I am a little confused at what is going on. Why would she not have been entitled to any employee benefits - I though NHS workers were covered in the event of ill health ?

If she was entitled to employee benefits, how have the Ombudsman come to the conclusion that she wasnt ?

If the Claims company misrepresented the claim to the FOS, then you should put things straight with them and confirm that you believe the CMC have misled them. Ask for your claim to be reviewed with the correct information.

I think someone with more knowledge will need to be alerted, which I will do for you.

BCOBS

The Claims company certainly took their time in advising her of the decision, that's for sure.

BCOBS

Hi

I too am confused....I thought that NHS workers were fully covered for six months.

I think it would be helpful if you could obtain and post up a copy of the fos questionnaire which the CMC submitted with the complaint.

I'd also be asking them to explain the timeline as to why they did not let you have the fos response sooner.

In fact I'd ask for all of the paperwork from them which relates to this case as something doesn't seem right to me.

The letter of refusal from fos is an adjudicator's decision and you can always escalate this to the ombudsman for review but lets get all of the facts together first.

it reads to me that they didn't do one [FOS CQ]

i suspect thats what they've sent to fill in?

IMHO i'd use this opo to DUMP the CMC [so no fee no win?]

and reply direct to the FOS your [her] self.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks everyone

ims21 Yes you are correct,

NHS workers get 6months full pay and then 6months half pay so i don't understand either.

For me the big thing is, if she knew it was there why didn't she make a claim when she was off work ill and or when she lost her job?

I will ask the company for the info as you have suggested.

How do i approach them?

Saranev

• 3 weeks later...

hi guys

we rang them and asked for all the documents but they were being obstructive. I will write to them next and wait for a written reply. Fingers crossed but not holding my breath :(

Saranev

We found some more documents and it seems the CMC is the processing centre for another co..

They relieved my sister of £120 and then a further £44.99. Of which there has been no mention.

It clearly says if they are not successful they will return the fee.

I think we have more than one problem here.

The paperwork is amateurish to say the least with wrong names and cheap paper being used.

1. i think i need to sort these muppets out first

2. then go after the nationwide

3.and then the ombudsman

What do you think?

Saranev

yes thats normally the way

have you the T&C she signed there

please redact ANY company names - we do not wish to publise them nor warn them of whats coming

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hi dx100uk

CMC? am i being thick??? Dont answer that :)

I have a signed receipt for £120, a Statutory Disclosure, Protecting your personal information sheet about data protection and another receipt for £44.99

I have written to them asking for all correspondence between them and the Nationwide and also the ombudsman. I have also requested they return all monies paid to them.

Hope this is correct?

Saranev

claim management company

fleecers that reclaim stuff and get +30% for doing things you can do for FREE!!

good on your actions

watch them wriggle out of it or try!

dx

and they