Baillifs chasing me after Parking in Loading bay 18months ago! Help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4085 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Very frustrated and need some advice! Yesterday, i had received a letter passed on from my parents house (DVLA address) which shows that i owe a debt collection company £418 for an offense on the 27th August 2011. - I have chased and got pictures, and can remember this moment very well as i was about to take my girlfriend up north. I had dropped my friend off in a side road and had parked in a 'loading only bay' I was there for no more than two minutes and was not obstructing anyone at all. I had no idea this offense had taken place, no do i think this should be something i should be fined over. Also the vehicle was hired - and my registration was at my home address. HOWEVER, a few months after this i had moved in with my girlfriend, and have never recived any letters as they must have been given to my previous address. Only now have i found that i have this £418 due to the debt collectors. Can anyone help me?!

is it really fine worthy to drop your friend off in a loading bay?

this will be bailiffs not debt collectors

did you ever receive notice of the ticket before now

The bailiffs do not have right of entry but

they will be after two things money or having a levy on a vehicle that will probably involve a clamp

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Obviously this has gone down the line a tad. There should of been a NTO if the original ticket wasn't paid/appealed. Then the LA would apply for a charge certificate from TEC at Northampton. The latter would need to be suspended to stop the bailiffs.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

You need to contact the Traffic Enforcement Centre (at Northampton County Court) and get papers to file an "Out of Time Witness Statement". Complete that, stating that you did not receive the Notice to Owner and explain that it was not sent to your home address and so you have been unable to deal with the matter sooner. Send the forms back to TEC, and await a response.